QFF Platinum requesting release of extra Classic Reward seats?

Perhaps I should have tried to be clearer in my writing. When asking for QF291/3K779, the agent submitted it but the bot came back empty. When asking for the return trip, 3K780/QF2, the agent told outright that they can't submit partner originated requests. She offered to check if QF2, though.

For QF291, EF showed T4 but the agent told that she can submit only Y and J requests. I didn't quiz her about it but could it have been because the connection would have had only Y and J cabins?

If she was mistaken about the return trip, I'm happy to try again because that's the harder / more expensive segment for us to obtain. But effectively for now, I'm back to the drawing board to see if I can find something useful.
To me that sounds like an inexperienced CSA going about the process in the wrong way.

Usually, they will request the QF metal flights in question, then, if those requests are successful, bolt on the connecting flights from existing inventory if they are available.

I don't think MSC applies to QF->3K v.v., but it has (at least historically) on CX/AY/QF awards.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back