Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Qatar Airways has a decent sale running until 24 August. E.g. PER-FCO for $1,274 return.

MEL-BCN for $1,362 return. MEL-FCO $1,391 return. Travel dates are until 6 December 2024.

QR Privilege Club members can also get 50% bonus Qpoints, which are the equivalent of status credits.

Good fares for sure, but do you really want to sit super squished for 20 hours or so.

I don't. I guess some do though. Maybe the price will ease the pain a little.

That’s pretty low for Y

So it suggests forward bookings are on the somewhat “grim” side

Which given my experiences through Europe seems to be the case. Me thinks the Paris Olympics put a lid on Australian bookings.

Also the hefty airfares of the past would have ripped extra cash out of those who then are able to rinse and repeat

This from 31 August 2023
IMG_1549.jpeg

That’s pretty low for Y

So it suggests forward bookings are on the somewhat “grim” side

Which given my experiences through Europe seems to be the case. Me thinks the Paris Olympics put a lid on Australian bookings.

Also the hefty airfares of the past would have ripped extra cash out of those who then are able to rinse and repeat

This from 31 August 2023
View attachment 403976

I guess airlines learned from last year and avoided discounting too many seats in advance. They don't like high yield spill.

But demand this year is lower this year than last year, and some airlines might be starting to worry a bit now about forward bookings.

I guess airlines learned from last year and avoided discounting too many seats in advance. They don't like high yield spill.

But demand this year is lower this year than last year, and some airlines might be starting to worry a bit now about forward bookings.
One can but hope...

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Yes, industry wide in Australia, forward bookings are very low. I work for a large iconic resort and our Forward Booking Comparison report has never been so poor. We're really relying on very late pick up and much shorter lead times, about 40 days when historically it's been at least an average of 90 days.

Yes, industry wide in Australia, forward bookings are very low. I work for a large iconic resort and our Forward Booking Comparison report has never been so poor. We're really relying on very late pick up and much shorter lead times, about 40 days when historically it's been at least an average of 90 days.

Well it’s preferable to pluck the golden goose than to “eat it”

Seems 2023 really was a case of taking the public for a ride
Fluking those ridiculous $4,500 economy return fares to Europe by holding back capacity and selling the higher yield seats.

so having charged well what looks like 4 times the current sale fare, people might have “run out of cash”

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back