Redeeming Altitude Points for KrisFlyer Miles Experience

Colin D

Recently I accumulated over 1m Altitude points which I had been saving for the purpose of booking flights overseas. Using the flight booking link in the Westpac Altitude website I found I was eligible for return Economy only seats to coughet with Singapore. I jumped on Singapore Air website and did a search using KrisFlyer Miles. Even with the conversion of 3:1 I had enough Miles to book a Business Class seat if I transferred my Altitude Points to KrisFlyer Miles and booked a Singapore Airlines flight. Most seats in Premium Economy and Business Class using Miles were already taken on the dates I was looking for but even if I went Economy I was going to be way ahead compared to using Altitude points. I requested my Altitude Points be moved over yesterday morning and they arrived in KrisFlyer 10 hours later which I was not expecting given a 5 day wait can be expected. By moving my dates forward from November to February I found Saver Business seats for my wife and me which I booked.

In the end hanging to on to my accumulating Altitude points for a considerable time paid off and the process to convert them to KrisFlyer Miles was simple and quick. Singapore notified me immediately by text that the points arrived with them so I went on and did the booking immediately with no hassles. Had to pay Aus$342 extra, which I found would be the case booking any seat but that is a small price to pay for going Business class.

All in all a worthwhile and recommended exercise converting Westpac Altitude points to KrisFlyer Miles.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back