Retaining Accor Status, confused as to how it is worked out

Scooty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I've got a couple of questions that unfortunately I couldn't find any answers in the forum on online.

I'm looking at booking some accommodation next year while travelling in South East Asia. I just noticed that my Accor Plus subscription must be up at the end of February. From what I can see online on the Accor website, on the 31st December the nights count and status points will reset.

Does that mean that my status will be recalculated at the end of February with my end of Accor Plus or do I hold my Platinum status until the end of 2025?

There's no way you can even get 60 nights accommodation from Jan-Feb? I'd like to think that my status kicks on for longer, but I've been burnt by Accors T&C's before.

Another question, I actually bought the Accor plus for the Asia Pacific food discout and free night. Post subscribing to Accor Plus I got an AMEX Plaitnum with Free Accor Plus. Anyone know how I would activate that?

Thanks all!
1729997464852.png

You'll have it until December 2025 if you don't renew your Accor Plus, or February 2026 if you do renew.

Post subscribing to Accor Plus I got an AMEX Plaitnum with Free Accor Plus. Anyone know how I would activate that?

You may be best off letting your Accor Plus subscription lapse at the end of February, then activating through Amex.

You'll have it until December 2025 if you don't renew your Accor Plus, or February 2026 if you do renew.

You may be best off letting your Accor Plus subscription lapse at the end of February, then activating through Amex.
Thanks for the speedy reply, and the confirmation that I will have the status next year. Makes booking some accommodation easier with regards to lounge/breakfast.

As for Accor Plus, I will definitely let it lapse and activate through Amex. I think I already did activate it through the Amex portal - may need to chase it up with Amex if I don't get the option to do so.

I think I already did activate it through the Amex portal - may need to chase it up with Amex if I don't get the option to do so.

In that case it might auto-renew - please do report back if it's that smooth!

If not, it might be worth trying to contact Accor Plus Member Services first. I've had good experiences getting them to chase Amex previously - they obviously speak to someone who can actually do something vs us trying to muck around with offshore card services.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back