SIA/VA Points and Status Credits

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Hi,

After spending 30 mins being rolled through five members of VAs 'Help Centre, I am none the wiser...

My partner and I are going to India (Oct/Nov) for my 60th 🎉🎺 and SIA have some rather well priced Economy fares at the moment $1,000 return. Econ+ are also keen. Nothing shows up on the VA platform (all year unavailable) which makes no sense but the VA res. people couldn't find it either and advised me to contact SIA directly. Happy to do that but to earn Points and Credits, is it just a case of entering my Velocity number? I realise the actual number will depend on fare classification.

Thanks for any help.

I don’t know if it’s a recent change, but if anyone is in this situation (want to earn points/SC with VFF, and use VFF status benefits, but also want the free wifi), then you can get a wifi code on the plane just by using your KF login.

Discovered this earlier this week flying SQ Y. Only had my VFF number on the booking.

Just

I’m posting this from SQ222 with VFF on my boarding pass and this tip worked perfectly!

Glad to see two reports of this working, what a game changer!

Didn't want to do anything that might cause my VA WP to drop off the booking simply to get some free Wi-Fi, but if this continues to work it looks like that issue is resolved.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back