Surfers Paradise get away 8/10 - 12/10

Blackadder

Established Member
An opportunity for a quick get away from Sydney came up , so why not get away and clear the head.
After some thinking of destinations , checking prices etc settled on Surfers Paradise, flying to Coolangatta (for the first time 😮), then back from Brisbane.
A full flight for the trip to Coolangatta, and a boarding group of 5 , so made the decision to gate check my usual carry on to save the fight for luggage space.
As Murphys law would have it, after groups 1&2 were called groups 4&5 were called , so I get to my seat to discover room above my seat. 🤦🏻‍♂️IMG_3142.jpegIMG_3143.jpegIMG_3146.jpeg Tracking along the North Coast

A slightly late arrival into OOL, and back several years with no aerobridge connections.
IMG_3148.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to do the 50cents trip into Surfers Paradise, and I wasn’t alone in my thinking with a queue of around 20 people waiting at the bus stop outside the Terminal.
Limited luggage storage, but thankfully managed to make room for my suitcase.
The Bus to Broadbeach South is only every 30mins , so chances are it’s going to be crowded.
Not exactly the quickest way to get to Surfers Paradise, but for 50cents if you have the time and not much luggage, worth it imho.
Also in that time on the bus I got a message my room and digital key were ready.
Eventually made it to the Terminal for the Tram through to Surfers Paradise, and found a seat for the trip to my stop at Cavill Ave.
A short walk from the Tram stop to my Hotel for the next four nights the Hilton Hotel & Residences.
No need to check in so straight to my Executive King room.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpeg
    IMG_3149.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3150.jpeg
    IMG_3150.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3151.jpeg
    IMG_3151.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3152.jpeg
    IMG_3152.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Stay away from the kebab shop closest to the hotel. It’s awful.

Stay away from the kebab shop closest to the hotel. It’s awful.
That's only there to serve after the nightclubs are closed and you are completely pickled. In the harsh light of sobriety I do not think any of those places in that precinct pass any test/ cleanliness awards.
The little alleyway with all the Asian casual eats is decent enough though if you do not want to walk too far from the Hilton.

That's only there to serve after the nightclubs are closed and you are completely pickled. In the harsh light of sobriety I do not think any of those places in that precinct pass any test/ cleanliness awards.
The little alleyway with all the Asian casual eats is decent enough though if you do not want to walk too far from the Hilton.

That one is worse than the others though.

Enjoy the complimentary Dilmah iced tea in the lobby area.
Enjoy the complimentary weirdoes outside the hotel in Orchid Ave after sunset.
lol saw one of said weirdos on the corner of Cavill Mall and Orchid Ave, well before sunset. 👀

Any storms this arvo?

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back