SYD Meetup - Wednesday 20th November 2024

EOI: What Day for a SYD meetup in November 2024?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Voting for dates and suggestions for venues appears to have slowed again, so I'm going to make an executive call (in my capacity as the person who started this thread ;)) that the date of choice is November 20th. I'm also going to suggest that Thai has been getting a bit more love in the responses thus far, so I propose that we do Long Chim (given it's the most CBD-centric of the Thai options and that appears to be preferred by the group).

So let's try for 7pm, Wednesday November 20th @ Long Chim.

Please reply in thread re: your attendance status:
  • Platinum, Confirmed
  • Gold, Likely
  • Silver, Considering
  • Bronze, Can't make it

To all those who can go on the 20th enjoy.

Im bronze (aka a definite no) as I play pub trivia on Wednesdays. I will keep an eye out for future meets which are hopefully on a different night.

To all those who can go on the 20th enjoy.

Im bronze (aka a definite no) as I play pub trivia on Wednesdays. I will keep an eye out for future meets which are hopefully on a different night.
I’d like to try and make this a more regular thing and aim more for Fridays or Saturdays in the future. But hey, we’ve gotta start somewhere.

Voting for dates and suggestions for venues appears to have slowed again, so I'm going to make an executive call (in my capacity as the person who started this thread ;)) that the date of choice is November 20th. I'm also going to suggest that Thai has been getting a bit more love in the responses thus far, so I propose that we do Long Chim (given it's the most CBD-centric of the Thai options and that appears to be preferred by the group).

• Platinum, Confirmed
  • Gold, Likely
  • Silver, Considering
  • Bronze, Can't make it
Color me Silverish Gold for now! I used to (about 7-10 years ago) organise a few Sydney dinners but then got lazy....
Some old timers: @kelvedon @SydneySwan
@moa999 @Aeolus @boomy @madrooster @Ewing
@Myrna

https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/find-threads/started?page=4 and earlier

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

• Platinum, Confirmed
  • Gold, Likely
  • Silver, Considering
  • Bronze, Can't make it
I’ll wave from Sydney airport
(Does that count?)
18.45 - 19.50
On a layover
From Hobart to Perth

I'm not sure whether ill be going yet, but for location perhaps one of the korean BBQ joints? Those tend to do pretty well for sizeable groups and solid food.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back