The Emirates First Experience - What to Expect?

Last few times in 2023 I flew EK First redemption using QF points, my QF number was attached to the itinerary and BP. The check-in counter, lounge staff couldn't change to Skywards number.

I was able to do it but I can't remember how. I think I did it through EK MMB.

Looks like there is a slight delay
This went unannounced so I left the gate too early!

Oh well it was a very comfortable flight! Doubt I'll experience better unless I again stumble across a good value points ticket.

I took the advice and waited for the Dom 2013, had a few glasses of very expensive French wine, the 2008 Chateu Pavie being the standout. I also tried the Henessy Paradis but for me.... I'm not really into cognac. Still had to try for $1500 a bottle!

For food I had the caviar, the salmon appetiser, and the beef tenderloin.

For a light dinner I had the mezze and the grilled prawns. Both again were excellent.

I'll attach some pics below. Despite it being a 10/10 experience both hard and soft product, I still think for a sub-10 hour daytime flight, extra leg room bulk head economy on SQ or similar is where the value is.

PS - The pyjamas and slippers are proving excellent for WFH, great tips thankyou. The Bvlgari cologne is particularly good 🤌.

Attachments

• 20240701_130806.jpg
    20240701_130806.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240701_131242.jpg
    20240701_131242.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20240701_163729.jpg
    20240701_163729.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 48
My wife is flying F from SIN - MEL does any know if there is any special champagne or service for F passengers in the EK lounge? my understanding is the QF lounge in SG is closed in the morning?

My wife is flying F from SIN - MEL does any know if there is any special champagne or service for F passengers in the EK lounge? my understanding is the QF lounge in SG is closed in the morning?
QF lounge is closed then in my experience. No differentiation for F or J pax in the EK lounge again in my experience. Standard EK outstation lounge. Which still means very good service and decent food and drinks. But not an exclusive F experience.

My experience is that there was no special service and, as for champagne, it's breakfast time anyway....

Resist the temptation to eat or drink too much in the lounge. I had a small bircher muesli to tide be over before the flight, but the food and drinks on the flight are better.

On bubbles, they should have either Moët or Veuve NV in the EK SIN lounge, so better than any QF J lounge would offer; and similar to QF F lounge champagne standards, though I do prefer the Taittinger NV.

My experience is that there was no special service and, as for champagne, it's breakfast time anyway....

Resist the temptation to eat or drink too much in the lounge. I had a small bircher muesli to tide be over before the flight, but the food and drinks on the flight are better.

On bubbles, they should have either Moët or Veuve NV in the EK SIN lounge, so better than any QF J lounge would offer; and similar to QF F lounge champagne standards, though I do prefer the Taittinger NV.
Looking forward to it as im in J and she is in F

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

From memory the good champagne doesn’t come out till post take off…but I could be mixing it up with HKG
Your memory is correct. I was offered Moet on the ground at Singapore; the flight attendant apologetically explained that the Dom wasn't available until we were airborne. She then suggested that she add orange juice and turn it into a mimosa "to disguise the taste of the champagne" ... a suggestion that I accepted!

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back