The Private room/1st class lounge: Whats your perfect design?

SOPOOR

Established Member
Ever since my first and only visit to the old TPR. My first reaction when i walked in was "geez this place is small" I found the 2x small rooms with the lazy boy chairs to be practical but cheap looking.

Ive also recently been to the Emirates first class A lounge and was blown away by the size , but it felt kind of sterile and artificial. I visited every room and after a while , every empty room felt like a ghost house

The new tpr,
I found the chairs style to be not premium, loved the sleep rooms, a la carte was great, service top notch

So, if you could design your ultimate First class lounge, what would it be?

Eg
Layout
Size
Food: a la carte/buffet
Drinks
Service: personable/professional
Extra services: masseuse/cigars
More/less interactive stuff

Attachments

• 20240723_170425.jpg
    20240723_170425.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I think a lounge needs a bit of a buzz… a ‘soul’ if you like. Which I have never found in TPR.

Some oneworld F lounges do it quite well… the number of F pax is so small, but is bolstered by top tier elites. So there’s enough traffic to provide plenty of staff, and a good service offering. Think the Concorde Room, Cathay Pier/Wing F, even the QF F offerings.

Star alliance lounges like Luthansa or Swiss do it well for F.

Not sure why TPR has never quite ‘made it’ in that sense. They probably have enough F seats, but the lounge is a bit sterile, as you say. The Asiana F lounge was a bit the same.

So in answer to the question… it just needs some ‘life’… some more people!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back