Transferring from Westpac to St. George

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFlyer

Established Member
Has anybody successfully been able to transfer a Westpac credit card over to a St. George (or Bank of Melbourne or Bank SA) credit card, which Westpac also 'owns'?

(As in, a product swap rather than applying like a new customer?)

Trying to find ways to keep my Westpac card alive post-RBA and the Amplify Signature card doesn't look bad for SQ earn (0.75/$1 uncapped on Visa), but doubt I'd qualify for the required $15k+ minimum credit limit as a new applicant given my other cards and their limits.

(Combined credit limits across all banks and cards are around 70% of my annual income, which most lenders would probably consider to be 'high'.)

My Westpac card's limit is >$15k so being able to transfer this over would be ideal and save a lot of hassle (particularly if I were to close this card to increase my likelihood of getting approved for St G, only to be declined and have no WBC card at all), so if anyone has been able to achieve this I'd love any pointers.

Sure, I could call Westpac but this seems like a request that might confuse your average call centre agent - so if you were able to achieve this by speaking to a specific person/department I'd love your tips, given that St. George is part of Westpac and all. :)

No they are 2 separate legal entities. Interestingly though St George do not appear to have done a credit score check, still has not shown on credit savvy 3 weeks after i successfully applied.

I think Westpac are on a different system to the various sub banks. They seem to be hosted together, given I have a St George loan, that came on Bank of Melbourne paper :)

No they are 2 separate legal entities. Interestingly though St George do not appear to have done a credit score check, still has not shown on credit savvy 3 weeks after i successfully applied.

I think you'll find they haven't been separate legal entities for several years.

Sure, I could call Westpac but this seems like a request that might confuse your average call centre agent - so if you were able to achieve this by speaking to a specific person/department I'd love your tips, given that St. George is part of Westpac and all. :)
Personal appointment with a manager in a branch that has his own lending authority will be able to sort that for you.
But good luck getting an appointment with such a person, its likely he couldnt be bothered wasting his time on some bloke chasing a credit card. Throw in half a million business loan and you might get his attention.

Dunno what you are worried about, just apply for the thing. I have at times had over 100% of my salary on credit card limits, you dont need to declare them all.They got no way of knowing that you meant to cancel some of them tomorrow.

Personal appointment with a manager in a branch that has his own lending authority will be able to sort that for you.
But good luck getting an appointment with such a person, its likely he couldnt be bothered wasting his time on some bloke chasing a credit card. Throw in half a million business loan and you might get his attention.

Dunno what you are worried about, just apply for the thing. I have at times had over 100% of my salary on credit card limits, you dont need to declare them all.They got no way of knowing that you meant to cancel some of them tomorrow.

Just applied for this card. I can show an income of about $100k. Approved, but they want 2 pay slips and a 2 rental income statements. Luckily I can do it for once...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back