Trip to US West Coast - various questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Skyring said , very easy to get used to driving on the other side.Only minor issue i had at times was judging where the front right corner of the car was in relation to the edge of the road , other than that it is not that scary. As for San Francisco , we arrived in peak hour in the afternoon but the trusty gps showed us the way and it wasn't to bad even in peak.

I find it easy on freeways as you ust stay in the lane, but it's when you turn out of a side road into another (undivided) road that it can be problematic getting over onto the correct (right) side!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Very prescient. We drove LA to LV on a Sunday and the amount of traffic heading the other way back to LA was horrendous.

We left San Francisco on a Sunday heading to Vegas and the traffic heading the other way was as you said horrendous as well.On the other hand we had very little traffic.

docjames .Funny didn't have a problem with that but car parks a different issue.Had to keep reminding myself "other side".

tuapekastar
To be honest after the first couple of hours you get the hang of it .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back