Using QF points to redeem Malaysia Airlines award tickets question

desafinado74

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to use QF points to redeem Malaysia Airlines J class tickets for 2025, but so far no luck.
Has anyone else have the same problems ? Or it's just that MH has not release many J class award seats ?

What problem? You haven’t really said.
It’s absolutely simple to redeem Mh seats relatively, and I see them all the time (more than QF on the routes I need), so I assume the issue is availability on your exact route.

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to use QF points to redeem Malaysia Airlines J class tickets for 2025, but so far no luck.
Has anyone else have the same problems ? Or it's just that MH has not release many J class award seats ?
I have had no problem when/where the award seats are available and have booked many.

You don't indicate what route. Some have more availability than others, I have booked several business awards between SIN and KUL, but not so many between Oz and Malaysia.

A search on Seats.aero Pro reveals plenty of Economy availability in 2025, but the only two days currently with Business availability are April 1 (no joke!) and July 31.

There’s quite a bit more available from Sydney and Adelaide — you might need to be flexible.

I have a redemption for next year for 2 PAX ADL-KUL J class and NRT to Perth in J for 2 Pax

Adelaide to KL usually has very good availability for 2 PAX in J

Thanks everyone for the replies..I will have a look at Sydney departures and at the same time, hope that more Mel to Kul availability will open up.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Thought it would be best to ask in this thread rather than start a new thread.

How easy is it to select seats if booking flights for MH with QF points through the QF website?

(This will be the first time I've redeemed QF points for another carrier so am completely new to this)

How easy is it to select seats if booking flights for MH with QF points through the QF website?

Very easy. Both use Amadeus so you just plug your Qantas generated PNR into the Malaysian website.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back