VA and other seat maps not showing on ExpertFlyer

Would it really level the playing field? I mean.... access to reward seating is still going to be massively restricted by status and someone will just find another way to obtain and monetise the same (or similar) info via a similar tool in the future.

I don't have an issue with status based benefits/restrictions after if you do some serious bum in seat flying you should get first dibs.

Other tools may pop up, whether they will deliver value for the price tag is up for debate. In the interim if everyone has to search manually and invest time then the playing field is more level.

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

In the interim if everyone has to search manually and invest time then the playing field is more level.
Your argument would seem to be that an EF subscription provides an unfair advantage. I suspect you haven’t used EF that much as it really hasn’t provided any meaningful award seat alerts on a broad range of airlines for some time.

It does provide good data on non award fare class availability and, up until this week seat maps, neither of which create an uneven playing field.

Your argument would seem to be that an EF subscription provides an unfair advantage. I suspect you haven’t used EF that much as it really hasn’t provided any meaningful award seat alerts on a broad range of airlines for some time.

It does provide good data on non award fare class availability and, up until this week seat maps, neither of which create an uneven playing field.
Exactly

Equally one could say if the airlines actually provided decent tools there would be no need for a long-term successful subscription based program like EF.

KVS was something similar a decade ago but gradually lost access and has fallen by the wayside afaik.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back