Velocity introduces Forever Gold lifetime status tier

AFF Editor

Established Member
Editor
One of the most sought-after features of Velocity Frequent Flyer is finally here. "Forever Gold", Velocity's version of lifetime Gold status, will launch on 1 October 2025.

Velocity will also backdate this to count status credits you've earned since 1 February 2013.

AFFers right now, going back to 2013 and doing the numbers

Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat

Ah. Thank you for that!
Post automatically merged:

Also, does the coating towards lifetime gold start now or does past flying count as well?

As mentioned in one other post , the status count earned from 2013 will be considered for this however there are few other terms which need to be met.

Any idea where to see what you’ve earned since then. Doubt I’m anywhere close, but curious.
I reckon that feature will probably come online in the next few days (hopefully). I reckon I'll be close, but not quite there yet.
I'm sort of tempted to go back through my history and do the math, but that seems like a lot of work when Velocity will do that and just tell me shortly.

If someone is willing to calculate the status credit earn , is there a way to check the past history of flights/points on the velocity app/website ?

I reckon that feature will probably come online in the next few days (hopefully). I reckon I'll be close, but not quite there yet.
I'm sort of tempted to go back through my history and do the math, but that seems like a lot of work when Velocity will do that and just tell me shortly.
I sadly have records - I may for fun do the sums, but when I take out a lot of partner J flights, it won’t be pretty….

AFFers right now, going back to 2013 and doing the numbers

Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat
my brain doesnt work - just looked at my activity and it only goes back to Oct 21 - is there a way to find out how many STATUS credits I have accoumulated since 2005 - sorry 2013

I reckon that feature will probably come online in the next few days (hopefully).
Hmm, I take it back, looks like we might not know till 1st Oct 2025:

Forever Gold will launch on 1 October 2025, and members will be able to track their progress to Forever Gold through ‘My Velocity’ from this date.
Maybe we'll get the counter before the actual launch, but probably not.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

1409 SCs since October 2021 (which is as far back as the records on the Velocity website go) with 727 from VA flights (assuming the 65 SCs I got from the Back in Business promotion earlier this year and the 7 SC from when SCs were given on reward flights in late 2021 count). I hadn't flown with VA a huge amount before that, so I doubt these numbers would be more than 2000 or 1000 respectively. Quite a while to go before Forever Gold it seems.

Is there any simple way ( ?? ) other than having to call the customer service to get details of flights/status credit history from 2013.

I wonder why 2013 is the starting date?
I think I'd have needed it to begin a couple of years earlier for me to be in with a chance.

Will romp the 3000 partner / pooling credits in!

Since 2013 I've been Platinum for about 8 of those years and Gold for about 2,
So I'm ball parking around the 8x800 + 2x400 = 7,200 lifetime status mark.

easily >75% will be VA flights.

I thought at first before calculating I would be pretty close, if they included back a few more years from 2011 maybe I would have more of a chance but given the $12 per status credit moving forward and that each extra 1,000 status credits is literally $12,000 it may take me another 10 years to hit Forever Gold...

I wonder why 2013 is the starting date?

We picked this date for a practical reason. In February 2013, Virgin Australia made changes to its flight booking system. As a result of those system changes, we can only effectively track your Status Credits from this date (i.e., 1 February 2013).

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back