Last 717 service

I just don’t understand how 4xA220 are replacing 20ish 717s, recognising that some of the workload has been taken on by the Ejet fleet. Not that many 717 crews are trained up on the a220 (pants would be mid seniority list and has not done line training as yet)
The 717 sale contract has significant on time delivery clauses and the A220 delays have not helped matters, not to mention a lack of crews available

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

YQY is leaving the country tomorrow, I wonder if YQW will suffer the same fate or perhaps QF may see it gifted to HARS, hopeful thinking.

I just don’t understand how 4xA220 are replacing 20ish 717s, recognising that some of the workload has been taken on by the Ejet fleet. Not that many 717 crews are trained up on the a220 (pants would be mid seniority list and has not done line training as yet)

Some? Heaps more like / Have you seen how many e-jets QFLink have now? Fleet will almost reach 30!

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back