Velocity introduces Forever Gold lifetime status tier

My solution means there’s no scramble at all and recognises who actually flew which seems to be the point of lifetime status anyway.
yup, but I think your solution enables two people to benefit from the same status credit?

No it doesn’t, all earning transactions are posted to the original flyer. Family pooling then deducts them and posts them over to the recipient. Simply don’t do the deduction from the donor and don’t allow additions to accounts from family pooling as a source. Done.

No it doesn’t, all earning transactions are posted to the original flyer. Family pooling then deducts them and posts them over to the recipient. Simply don’t do the deduction from the donor and don’t allow additions to accounts from family pooling as a source. Done.
It's interesting that most of the previous discussions on lifetime status revolved around excluding pooling. Velocity seem to have landed on a compromise that's made no one happy!

It's interesting that most of the previous discussions on lifetime status revolved around excluding pooling. Velocity seem to have landed on a compromise that's made no one happy!
Indeed. My take is lifetime should only be for your lifetime and your bum in seat.

One of us is missing what the other is saying.

So here's an example:
Back in 2017 as WP I family pooled my SC to my husband which helped him reach SG which wouldn't have obtained by himself. He benefited from those SC.

Now you want Velocity to also count those same SC towards my FG? When he's already benefitted from them? That's what I mean by 1 SC being used by two people.

Maybe I'm the unicorn, but I think it's one of the better options of a difficult lot. Doing something retrospective is going to be problematic.
Ask me again though when my FG is 11,000 SC!! ;)

One of us is missing what the other is saying.

So here's an example:
Back in 2017 as WP I family pooled my SC to my husband which helped him reach SG which wouldn't have obtained by himself. He benefited from those SC.

Now you want Velocity to also count those same SC towards my FG? When he's already benefitted from them? That's what I mean by 1 SC being used by two people.
have a look at your activity statement. You earned those SC then they were pooled. Separate transactions. My view is that all pooling should be disregarded, and SC stay with whoever earned them in the first place.

have a look at your activity statement. You earned those SC then they were pooled. Separate transactions. My view is that all pooling should be disregarded, and SC stay with whoever earned them in the first place.
I suppose VA will technically say that you gifted those SC’s to another person and that this person has benefited from it.
When my wife wasn’t travelling a lot with me domestically for a couple of years I had her pool them to me rather than go to waste and I wouldn’t expect VA to allow us to claim them now

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I just laugh reading this thread

It's Virgins program, they can do what they want.
They could have not started counting lifetime credits until Oct 2025, or from this week.

The fact they are looking back over a decade for a benefit that didn't exist last week is pretty generous in my books.

(I'm probably Forever lifetimes away from Forever Gold so it doesn't really impact me. Might be closeish to Forever Silver if they had such a thing, but they don't).

On previously pooled points wouldn't even surprise me if they had almost no record of where they came from - the pooler recipient presumably received some benefit at the time.

have a look at your activity statement. You earned those SC then they were pooled. Separate transactions

Possibly then my comment above might be incorrect.. but equally seems strange that Virgin would then specifically deduct pooled SCs from a lifetime count (noting that I suspect in the majority of cases the pooled accounts will be relatively lower flying partners or children).

But as above. Their program their rules.

Last edited:
I just laugh reading this thread

It's Virgins program, they can do what they want.
They could have not started counting lifetime credits until Oct 2025, or from this week.

The fact they are looking back over a decade for a benefit that didn't exist last week is pretty generous in my books.

(I'm probably Forever lifetimes away from Forever Gold so it doesn't really impact me. Might be closeish to Forever Silver if they had such a thing, but they don't).

On previously pooled points wouldn't even surprise me if they had almost no record of where they came from - the pooler recipient presumably received some benefit at the time.

Possibly then my comment above might be incorrect.. but equally seems strange that Virgin would then specifically deduct pooled SCs from a lifetime count (noting that I suspect in the majority of cases the pooled accounts will be relatively lower flying partners or children).

But as above. Their program their rules.
Also my spend. My choice.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back