Velocity introduces Forever Gold lifetime status tier

I suppose VA will technically say that you gifted those SC’s to another person and that this person has benefited from it.
When my wife wasn’t travelling a lot with me domestically for a couple of years I had her pool them to me rather than go to waste and I wouldn’t expect VA to allow us to claim them now
Exactly.

have a look at your activity statement. You earned those SC then they were pooled. Separate transactions. My view is that all pooling should be disregarded, and SC stay with whoever earned them in the first place.
I understand that without looking at my activity statement!
But I chose (as I rather suspect you did too) to disregard those SC so that someone else could use them.
I’m not surprised Velocity aren’t allowing ‘double dipping’.

I just noticed that the VAFF website changed - there used to be a way to see in which month how many status credits are expiring - now it's not possible?

I don't suppose they will add a feature to check your progress towards this lifetime status... that'd be nice.

I just noticed that the VAFF website changed - there used to be a way to see in which month how many status credits are expiring - now it's not possible?

I don't suppose they will add a feature to check your progress towards this lifetime status... that'd be nice.
Pretty sure this was available via the app but can’t find it now? 🤷‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

Still there for me.
Where? How?

Pretty sure this was available via the app but can’t find it now? 🤷‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

Where? How?
Ah, ignore that. Yes, it’s still there but only for upgrading - which makes sense.

So where is it ?
For me, on the Velocity website \Status I can see “Maintain Gold” and below “Upgrade to Platinum”.

Clicking on “Your progress” goes to different views for each. Upgrade to Platinum shows the rolling SCs that will expire (by date), as they count towards rolling review for upgrade. The retain Gold “Your progress” is recent activity.

I have no idea what’s displayed for someone already Platinum. I assume similar to what I see for retain Gold. ie activity post review date to retain Platinum.

On the website I can see when all my SCs will expire. Click on upgrade to gold and there is a See all status transactions to click on.

Called Velocity and spoke with offshore. They told me I'd have the statement within 2-3 business days...it was in my inbox within 30 minutes.
Current total is sub 7K, so Forever Gold isn't going to be a target for the moment.

I have rechecked my statement of flying I got in March of this year, and have now added in an extra 960SC earned since then
There was 17635 Sc (+the 960SC) earned since February 2013.
if I exclude those SC that were pooled to me, I take out 4600 approx.
If I include the Sc that I pooled to my wife, I add in 7400.
I am well over the 13,000 Sc mark in both respects.
There was a handful of flybuys Sc but none of any significance.
I am concerned about how many I have earned on SQ, DL & QR but I still think I will be well over the line.

EDIT: Since Jan 2022 I have earned 2945 just on VA with no pooling etc, this gives me an average of 166 per month which is kinda low for me to be honest.
If I extrapolate that out backwards to Jan 2013 (141 months) and then take off half, I will still be 11,703 SC.

Last edited:
I have rechecked my statement of flying I got in March of this year, and have now added in an extra 960SC earned since then
I am concerned about how many I have earned on SQ, DL & QR but I still think I will be well over the line.
Pretty sure any SC’s you pool in our out are wiped out

EDIT: Since Jan 2022 I have earned 2945 just on VA with no pooling etc, this gives me an average of 166 per month which is kinda low for me to be honest.
If I extrapolate that out backwards to Jan 2013 (141 months) and then take off half, I will still be 11,703 SC.
so 17635 +960-4600-7400
=6,595 + a few FB's etc, still few years to go.

The pooling in & out will catch a few out.

so 17635 +960-4600-7400
=6,595 + a few FB's etc, still few years to go.

The pooling in & out will catch a few out.
If they remove the SC that are pooled TO you, then I will be ok.
If they remove the SCs that are pooled FROM me, I should be ok.
If they remove both, then I will be pretty cranky.

EDIT: I am on the phone talking to Velocity to get as little clarification.
Also, to be fair, I will continue to maintain platinum for many many years to come, so I may be getting a little upset over as problem that doesn't really exist for me.....

If they remove the SC that are pooled TO you, then I will be ok.
If they remove the SCs that are pooled FROM me, I should be ok.
If they remove both, then I will be pretty cranky.

EDIT: I am on the phone talking to Velocity to get as little clarification.
Also, to be fair, I will continue to maintain platinum for many many years to come, so I may be getting a little upset over as problem that doesn't really exist for me.....
I had it confirmed that I will lose pooling in and out which is fine for me because I haven’t pooled a lot in either direction.

I had it confirmed that I will lose pooling in and out which is fine for me because I haven’t pooled a lot in either direction.

That seems contrary to their website - I think you'll lose what you've pooled out, and anything above 3000 pooled in?

1729475225566.png

So SC earned via you flying should count regardless if pooled out.

Strictly you flew, you earned them...what happens after that in them being pooled out is irelevant? No?

But then they'd count twice, once for you, once in another's 3000 bracket. Bit messy, but would that be correct?

So SC earned via you flying should count regardless if pooled out.

Strictly you flew, you earned them...what happens after that in them being pooled out is irelevant? No?

But then they'd count twice, once for you, once in another's 3000 bracket. Bit messy, but would that be correct?
My understanding is that Pooled Out count nowhere, and Pooled In within the 3,000 limit.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back