Velocity introduces Forever Gold lifetime status tier

This was, in concept, a good idea, long called for here, but they have stuffed it up MONUMENTALLY. No-one has the vaguest CLUE in writing right now how many SC EXACTLY have been accrued, under their loopy and complex and vague system.
To me it more sounds you're upset you're not going to get Gold Forever. However, as it's new it's pretty obvious they are targeting their elite travelers without knowing.

I emailed Velocity and got a response on my SC count. I'm close but around 2,500 SC's short on he VA requirement.

I'll retain platinum come renewal in February next year. My circumstances have changed and I'm not going to be a regular flyer anymore so I accepted I would drop to Gold in 2026 some time ago, but planned to retain which I now doubt will be case.

In reality Gold Forever would have been great, but in truth with not a heap of flying it would mainly be a waste.

Most of my flying is now international. It's easier just to buy into lounges (remember you can buy your way into the Virgin domestic lounges which probably works out cheaper than paying for status) or just fly business and be alliance-free.

Good luck to those who make the cut :)

To me it more sounds you're upset you're not going to get Gold Forever
I'm in a similar position, already have the lifetime *G via UA, and a continuous VA plat since 2013, but it is frustrating how this has been done and without easy ways to get the numbers (and what _did_ count as good status credits are somewhat retrospectively deemed bad.) It's not the end of the world, but it's a big shift and irksome.

What was your email request wording to get a concise count of what you needed? All I could get from the chat operator was the promise of an SC earn listing within about 48 hours.

I'm in a similar position, already have the lifetime *G via UA, and a continuous VA plat since 2013, but it is frustrating how this has been done and without easy ways to get the numbers (and what _did_ count as good status credits are somewhat retrospectively deemed bad.) It's not the end of the world, but it's a big shift and irksome.

What was your email request wording to get a concise count of what you needed? All I could get from the chat operator was the promise of an SC earn listing within about 48 hours.
Email was (they replied back separating VA and non-VA):

Membership Number :

In light of the introduction of Forever Gold in October 2025, can you let me know my current status credit count since 1st February 2013.

Many Thanks

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Im not one of those "F U Im going to QF" types as I wont just throw my toys out of the cot on a whim. I have however just done the sums on my flying with this new system and in all honesty, I can obtain similar status for less cost with a much greater network and on a better airline. Sad, a low cost carrier like virgin (Dont give me all the "new world / new age / Hybrid whatever the hell they call it cough, they are a LCC) believes they are better than QF. BTW, I requalified Platinum in Early May for Late Feb 25 so 2.5 months after renewal so do fly quite regularly.
I guess they have just released the handcuffs and I will fly best fare of the day and internationally will fly creative routing that has benefit to me. I believe that is the biggest issue now in that indirect routing has now become null and void, decreasing creative opportunities. I guess its them saying FU and thanks for the support during our rebuild. They should seriously consider the meaning of loyalty and I thank them for freeing me up to spend my money with any airline thats cheapest on the day

To me it more sounds you're upset you're not going to get Gold Forever. However, as it's new it's pretty obvious they are targeting their elite travelers without knowing.

I emailed Velocity and got a response on my SC count.

1. Not 'upset' - just annoyed these wallies have not ADVISED my valid SC despite 3 emails, and I may well qualify anyway .. who would know with that loopy system they devised. I'm Plat to mid 2025 already, so will not lose any sleep over this mess. But I am upset for other LOYAL Plats etc that stood by them in the tough years, that they are screwing about with this poorly thought out Brain Fart.

2. As pointed out I have Lifetime United Gold, so that gets me all Virgin lounge, boarding, baggage etc so no loss. If I want to go crazy and pay $15 for an Exit row seat from 2026, I just might let my hair down. :D

3. The 'privacy' and extra room of Row #3 to ME was a major perk of Plat. Removing that bulkhead to cram in an extra row in just a race to the bottom for Virgin.

Last edited:
1. Not 'upset' - just annoyed these wallies have not ADVISED my valid SC despite 3 emails, and I may well qualify anyway .. who would know with that loopy system they devised. I'm Plat to mid 2025 already, so will not lose any sleep over this mess.

2. As pointed out I have Lifetime United Gold, so that gets me all Virgin lounge, boarding, baggage etc so no loss. If I want to go crazy and pay $15 for an Exit row seat from 2026, I just might let my hair down. :D

3. The 'privacy' and extra room of Row #3 to ME was a major perk of Plat. Removing that bulkhead to cram in an extra row in just a race to the bottom for Virgin.
You literally jump on the live chat and they will give you all the information in seconds.

Used to be a fan of row 3 and used to be annoyed getting to the toilet and always having to go to the back of the aircraft passing the carts etc.

Sitting in or behind exit rows actually works better for me and never looked back.

You literally jump on the live chat and they will give you all the information in seconds.
The live chat informed me earlier today it'll take 24-48 hours. (they never responded to my email 3 days ago)
I said isn't it click of a few buttons etc Just status credits.
I was told they need to calculate it.

So no idea WTF is going on, I may just get a figure of total SCs instead of full activity statement.

I've never 'jumped onto live chat' and am not starting now.

I email the Platinum email.

That's what they are allegedly for.

Clearly this thought bubble was not thought out, and Plat Line has no clue.

I've never 'jumped onto live chat' and am not starting now.

I email the Platinum email.

That's what they are allegedly for.

Clearly this thought bubble was not thought out, and Plat Line has no clue.
Mate its 2024.... You literally open it and just ask them and it's done on the spot.
If you ring the Plat desk, they will do it but it takes about 45 mins to get the email with all the details.
I'm not sure why you in particular have an issue but no one else seems to be.
Are you asking for the right thing ?

Emailed platinum@ and got my numbers today - statement to follow.

i have 7320 VA status credits and 700 from partner airlines, but no mention of Flybuys/pooling which I expect to max out. So will need 1680 pure VA status credits by my calculations. Annoyingly achievable but not *that* close.

3. The 'privacy' and extra room of Row #3 to ME was a major perk of Plat. Removing that bulkhead to cram in an extra row in just a race to the bottom for Virgin
After a few flights I'm actually liking the "non bulkhead" layout. I like the window seat, and this means I can grab my bag down and put it under the seat in front without taking away any legroom (I'm 6'1" so this was a pleasant surprise). I also like having the seatback in front - my iPad case can hook in the seatback and I don't have to have it on the foldout table.

I got my SC export back from VA - and of course the formatting is such that copy-pasting it into a spreadsheet just won't work, it's truly magnificent in its ability to confound clipboards and PDF editors alike.

After a few flights I'm actually liking the "non bulkhead" layout. I like the window seat, and this means I can grab my bag down and put it under the seat in front without taking away any legroom (I'm 6'1" so this was a pleasant surprise). I also like having the seatback in front - my iPad case can hook in the seatback and I don't have to have it on the foldout table.

I got my SC export back from VA - and of course the formatting is such that copy-pasting it into a spreadsheet just won't work, it's truly magnificent in its ability to confound clipboards and PDF editors alike.
Will change my request to be for a CSV…

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back