Velocity introduces Forever Gold lifetime status tier

Without the DSC, or pooling et al, I'm going to be so far from 9k SC that I shan't bother the chat for a tally.
DSC are included in you 9000 if you earnt them and credited them to yourself (not if you pooled them to someone else, or had them pooled to you)

DSC are included in you 9000 if you earnt them and credited them to yourself (not if you pooled them to someone else, or had them pooled to you)
Ah. Good to know. I had interpreted some previous posts to mean that they weren't included, but I take it they're included in the tally but not 'singled out' or described as DSC. Now I'm a little more curious as to where I stand but not any more excited :)

Includes DSC/TSC?
No does NOT include DSC/TSC offers.
For the TSC offer:
The ol' fav trip; MEL-OOL-MEL
Below from Velocity y'day: (standard SC rate)

1729653696627.png
But on my activity statement on Velocity website it's as below (separate line for TSC)

1729653860515.png

The total given me by Velocity in a single total number matches the total accumulated on the statement, so at least on my statement it excludes Double/Tripe offers.

Beavis and Butthead appear in charge of the collation of this bungled brain fart idea. .

If THEY set an arbitrary target to reach of SC earned, appalling when asked directly by members FOR that tally, that THEY cannot provide it.

So no-one has received from Velocity the ACTUAL number of SC that THEY are counting toward the 12,000??

Still waiting for mine.

I emailed the Platinum address this morning to ask for my lifetime status credit tally and got a reply already. They've told me how many I've earned from VA flights and how many from partner airlines. However, I'm pretty sure they haven't counted double or triple status credits in these calculations, and I don't think they've counted Flybuys SCs either.

Beavis and Butthead appear in charge of the collation of this bungled brain fart idea. .

If THEY set an arbitrary target to reach of SC earned, appalling when asked directly by members FOR that tally, that THEY cannot provide it.

So no-one has received from Velocity the ACTUAL number of SC that THEY are counting toward the 12,000??

Still waiting for mine.
I received mine yesterday.
Post automatically merged:

I emailed the Platinum address this morning to ask for my lifetime status credit tally and got a reply already. They've told me how many I've earned from VA flights and how many from partner airlines. However, I'm pretty sure they haven't counted double or triple status credits in these calculations, and I don't think they've counted Flybuys SCs either.
I actually got the PDF statement and the tally from them. If I have a spare two hours I'd tally up the PDF version and see if they match lol.

Still waiting for mine.
I have, in two different formats.
VA have confirmed directly to me that I have 17,527 status credits since feb 2013, of which I am currently over the 12,000 required to be flown on VA marketed flights and excluding pooling AND bonus & flybuys Scs.
I'm not sure why you are mad at VA because the data required is being sent out when you make the request.
Like I said previously, jump on the live chat or call them. They have the EXACT data to hand and will send it to you in minutes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-10-21 at 2.57.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-10-21 at 2.57.32 pm.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 11
I received mine yesterday.
Post automatically merged:

I actually got the PDF statement and the tally from them. If I have a spare two hours I'd tally up the PDF version and see if they match lol.
I used chatgpt to do this for me. There was a difference of about 300 Sc but I think that's because I instructed chatgpt to only look at Virgin Australia flights from the raw data and it missed a few Virgin Samoa flights.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-10-23 at 4.43.17 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-10-23 at 4.43.17 pm.png
    742.5 KB · Views: 16
I'm not sure why you are mad at VA because the data required is being sent out when you make the request.

They have NOT sent me any data. And hence have every right to be annoyed.

Please do not lecture me (for the FOURTH time so far - I heard you the FIRST time) on how I communicate with merchants. I like email, and that has always worked just fine in the past. I do not 'jump onto' chats - whatever they are.

Whoppee Dooo that you have received yours, as you have also pointed out FOUR times - I am stating that mine has not arrived yet despite several follow-ups. And I am not alone.

Please do not lecture me (for the FOURTH time so far - I heard you the FIRST time) on how I communicate with merchants. I like email, and that has always worked just fine in the past. I do not 'jump onto' chats - whatever they are.

Whoppee Dooo that you have received yours, as you have also pointed out FOUR times - I am stating that mine has not arrived yet despite several follow-ups. And I am not alone.
Pretty sure you are alone.

Everyone else is getting them in a couple of hours or less.
Maybe it's the way you are asking for them.....

I thought @IainF's suggestion to contact Velocity via chat was pretty reasonable. If you really want to get your data ASAP, that's another way you can do it. 🤷‍♂️

Im actually amused at the urgency to know whats going to happen in 12 months time in this thread. I know planning is one thing but in all honesty they are only going to dilute whatever benfits you get anyway. Private equity firms have no intention of looking after customers. They are there for the $$ which is what business is all about I guess. Bottom line, we have had it too good for too long so they have given the local high school kids a project and this is what we now have to look forward to. The LCC that is virgin should accept that they are not anything better than JQ, go back to their roots and offer decent fares rather than a fantasy that they are something special. The more I look into this cough, the more I realise that they did not think it through at all.

Im actually amused at the urgency to know whats going to happen in 12 months time in this thread. I know planning is one thing but in all honesty they are only going to dilute whatever benfits you get anyway. Private equity firms have no intention of looking after customers. They are there for the $$ which is what business is all about I guess. Bottom line, we have had it too good for too long so they have given the local high school kids a project and this is what we now have to look forward to. The LCC that is virgin should accept that they are not anything better than JQ, go back to their roots and offer decent fares rather than a fantasy that they are something special. The more I look into this cough, the more I realise that they did not think it through at all.
For me its knowing if I was within reach so I can stop pooling, rebook flights etc to put towards total.
Now I know I am over the threshold, I can book my flights on whatever airline I want.

Certainly seems they have not thought this through as well as could have. They did say they've listened to their customers, just not sure many requested a dynamic SC devaluation system.

I'd say virgin is better than Jetstar if Jetstar were stand alone. But there not so you could well be correct.

I don't believe there's urgency by anyone to find out their life time SC tally. It's the natural inquisitive nature of the circumstances, throw in AFF keenest of everything aviation and you have many requesting the newly offered goal.
Simple.

Im actually amused at the urgency to know whats going to happen in 12 months time in this thread.
Likewise. I would think I’m already over the threshold or close enough but I can’t be stuffed taking the time to find out for something that may or may not happen in 12 months time. With domestic travel plans both of us will comfortably maintain Platinum for the near future and I’ll worry about dropping back to Gold forever once the time comes that we can’t fly as much as we do now

My statement arrived today. I've never family pooled nor earned on partners, so easy to interpret - except that it seems to include only one 'bonus' type of earn 'Payday Status Credit Bonus' in October 2019.

Hmmm ... 8,500-odd is fewer than I expected, but earning +1,000 SC pa currently (1310 currently this year) should land about the time I expect to stop flying so much. Will join my Lifetime Gold QFF thing.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I’ve just tried to reconcile my statement against the numbers quoted by Velocity FF service centre. I’m only 65 SC from maxing out the Pool/FB/Partner Flights category, but am 3k off on VA metal according to my calculations. VFF said I’m 1.7k off. I know which one I’d prefer.

🤷🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️ who knows?

Please VA put this online now you’ve announced it so we can have some idea where we stand.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back