Velocity introduces Forever Gold lifetime status tier

I’ve just tried to reconcile my statement against the numbers quoted by Velocity FF service centre. I’m only 65 SC from maxing out the Pool/FB/Partner Flights category, but am 3k off on VA metal according to my calculations. VFF said I’m 1.7k off. I know which one I’d prefer.

🤷🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️ who knows?

Please VA put this online now you’ve announced it so we can have some idea where we stand.

I think this is against what the VA wants. VA wants us to book all the flights now with VA to get more SCs, hoping we reach FG sooner, even though you may already have reached it.

I think this is against what the VA wants. VA wants us to book all the flights now with VA to get more SCs, hoping we reach FG sooner, even though you may already have reached it.
That was the point of QF’s “Simpler & Fairer”. Halved the partner earn and actually increased the SCs earn on some QF fare classes.

I had no issues at all determining my current progress towards FG.

Member since = 2005
Lifetime SC earned = 75
Lifetime SC on VA Marketed Flights = 75
Family Pooling = 0
Eligible Sectors = 4
Lifetime points earned = 0
Lifetime Status = Red
Time to reach FG = beyond my anticipated lifetime

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I logged into my Velocity account Tuesday night and submitted a query through the "Submit Feedback" option under Contact us and had a reply within 12 hours. (Not sure what all the shouting is about.)

As per @Mattg, they told me the total points earned "for your flights with Virgin Australia" (13,640) and total earned on Partner airlines (200).

I can reconcile the numbers they provided me, with the following interesting observations:
  1. It included DSC promotions when the Status credits and double status credits were posted as a single entry - for example, "Mar-2014, Sydney-Cairns, 60". I have entries like these up until Feb-2022.
  2. It did not include recent DSC where the DSC posted as a separate line item, e.g. "24-Aug-2024, Choose your reward Double Status Credits, 80" or "26-Nov-2023, Double status credits July 2023, 80"
  3. It did include SCs that I had pooled to my wife between Dec-2023 and Feb-2024 (the only time I've ever pooled out to someone else)
  4. (As expected) It did not include SCs that had been pooled to me from anyone
  5. (As expected) It did not include any Flybuys SCs.
  6. (As expected) SCs from Credit cards or other bonuses did not count, including
    • American Express 100 Status Credits Bonus
    • Pay day - VA Status Credit BONUS
    • Status Credit Gift
    • Virgin Australia High Flyer Status Credit Bns (from May-2024)
Even if they work out a way to exclude the DSCs from line item 1 above, I should still be above the 13K mark.

The email reply included a lovely comment: Kindly take note that for you to be eligible to Forever Gold status, you must earn a total of 12,000 Status Credits, with a minimum of 9,000 Status Credits earned on eligible Virgin Australia marketed flights, flown by you. In this instance, I'm happy to let you know that you will be eligible for Forever Gold status once it's launched.

Got my numbers today and I'm about 72% of the way to FG. I've maxed out the 3000 non VA flights (which surprised me) and had less than I thought on VA flights. Might take me another 4 years at my current rate of travel to reach FG.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back