VPS

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
Any idea why Virgin would have two flights 5 minutes apart

1729577876505.png

Probably neither :)

But VA224 is the extra flight that doesn't normally run.
I can't think of anything in Melbourne that would warrant this because it's not Melbourne cup or school holidays. I'll ask someone to check the loadings.

Thanks

Is there an event in Melbourne or something? I was looking at VA 284 CBR - MEL for the same date and it was sold out, which I thought was quite unusual this early …

Is there an event in Melbourne or something? I was looking at VA 284 CBR - MEL for the same date and it was sold out, which I thought was quite unusual this early …
It's COX Plate day Saturday with Hotel prices and fares to/from up there.

Maybe the Sunday flights are 'backfill' for PAX returning West.

Nothing that I could find and fares aren't ridiculously expensive

I just want to know which one will be cancelled :)
Will be the -800 flight. They will fill the -700 which will be all economy aircraft and business class pax will suck it up and ride in 23b with no business class service or SC Earn for the privelidge of a $700 1 hour fare. Or be left behind and told they will get a txt some time with new flight details Sound about right?

Will be the -800 flight. They will fill the -700 which will be all economy aircraft and business class pax will suck it up and ride in 23b with no business class service or SC Earn for the privelidge of a $700 1 hour fare. Or be left behind and told they will get a txt some time with new flight details Sound about right?
From the screenshot, it is a -700 with business class. Only 2 -700s are left to be reconfigured with J and should be done in coming weeks.

It will be to do with a Perth -700 rotating around the network. They shuffle around over the weekends, possible for engineering also.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back