What to do -long layover Fiji

burmans

Have managed to snag a couple of those rare Qantas rewards to fly to the US via Fiji, but both have a long layover in Fiji (12 and 14 hours), both similar arrive morning, depart evening.

I actually lived in Fiji for a year (admittedly 30+ years ago) so not really interested in anything in the touristy/artificial 'cultural' experience line but would welcome advice from others who have recently done a similar layover. I'm really thinking go to Denerau or similar, spend some time by a pool relaxing, maybe go somewhere nice for lunch and then go back to the airport and lounge late afternoon/early evening.

Any recent advice on options would be extremely helpful!!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

That’s what I was thinking but keen to know which ones are good based on recent experiences!

Have read good reports on Gateway or First Landing on Tripadvisor though these are quite old reports, anyone done this more recently?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back