Where's that Coles Express/Shell near Brisbane Airport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Established Member
Ok, I haven't been to BNE for about a year. I was driving up from the GC through the Gateway Motorway toll zone and straight to the airport.

Now where is that Coles Express on the right hand side just before reaching the airport??? I was going to top up my hire car before returning it. And it looks like a new section of the motorway?

Take the new road to the international airport and then follow the road until you see the roundabout and then head out of the airport to find the Coles Shell station on the left ...after refuelling take the old road behind the international terminal and head to domestic where new signs will take you behind the long term carpark and then at the traffic lights turn right and follow signage to the rental car drop off...A bit daunting at first but you really cant get lost or can you ???

Take the new road to the international airport and then follow the road until you see the roundabout and then head out of the airport to find the Coles Shell station on the left ...after refuelling take the old road behind the international terminal and head to domestic where new signs will take you behind the long term carpark and then at the traffic lights turn right and follow signage to the rental car drop off...A bit daunting at first but you really cant get lost or can you ???

Oh, so the old roundabout near the Coles Express is now the old road? I don't remember driving through any roundabouts near the airport.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Oh, so the old roundabout near the Coles Express is now the old road? I don't remember driving through any roundabouts near the airport.

Near the original roundabout where the main road entry to the International terminal is.

(As opposed to what is known as the "airport roundabout" near to top of Nudgee road / under the (old) gateway motorway.

Entering via the new road, basically follow the signs to the International terminal, then instead of turning in the drive to the terminal, head straight as if leaving the airport. Then use the back way to rejoin behind the terminal.

Confusing....

Near the original roundabout where the main road entry to the International terminal is.

(As opposed to what is known as the "airport roundabout" near to top of Nudgee road / under the (old) gateway motorway.

Entering via the new road, basically follow the signs to the International terminal, then instead of turning in the drive to the terminal, head straight as if leaving the airport. Then use the back way to rejoin behind the terminal.

Confusing....

I finally found a map on the BNE airport site. Even Google Map hasn't got the new road.

Brisbane Airport - Access from the Gateway Motorway - From 3 December 2009

So if I am correct, the Coles Express is on Airport Drive, just left of the roundabout at Nancy-Bird Way?

May Coles Express needs to erect a sign just before the international terminal turnoff.

If heading from the city I generally fill up my rental car at the BP just past the Breaky Creek or in Hamilton.

If heading from the city I generally fill up my rental car at the BP just past the Breaky Creek or in Hamilton.

The OP is coming up the gateway from the Gold Coast so the BP is no use.

Yes, the shell is on airport drive, turn right at the last roundabout (following the blue line) then go out the back entrance (essentially where the carpark is makred) and rejoin back at the roundabout and follow back on the orange line to the Domestic Terminal.

The OP is coming up the gateway from the Gold Coast so the BP is no use.

Yes, the shell is on airport drive, turn right at the last roundabout (following the blue line) then go out the back entrance (essentially where the carpark is makred) and rejoin back at the roundabout and follow back on the orange line to the Domestic Terminal.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I knew I should have left myself some time to fill up!

That Coles Express is probably the closest servo to an airport (other than the ones at Tullamarine). However with the new road bypassing to the left now, the traffic flow down that road has certainly changed.

Coming from the city there are a couple along Kingsford Smith Drive. The first (as mentioned by serfty) is the BP, near the corner of Cooksley Street . There is also another one (Caltex) on the corner of KS Drive and Seymour Road.

Near the airport, this link shows the ones on the vicinity.

Coming from the north (Sunshine Coast etc), there is a Coles Express (see number 2 on the above map) at Nudgee Road turnoff (but on the other side of the Gateway near Nudgee Golf Course), that requires a bit of navigation to get there - best to then try and get back onto the Gateway heading south rather than heading down Nudgee Road and through the roundabout. Lots of roadwork (including a flyover) being built at the moment, reducing traffic flow.

And don't forget there's an independent servo seconds away from ADL, next to Ikea - the best free airport parking you could ask for :)

As for BNE, I struggled to find the Coles Express initially after those changes. +1 for the Caltex on Kingsford Smith Drive though. I'll could ask the cab drivers but is heading down the old Airport Drive actually quicker to get to domestic? It looks like the long way around on the map, don't really notice it when driving.

As for BNE, I struggled to find the Coles Express initially after those changes. +1 for the Caltex on Kingsford Smith Drive though. I'll could ask the cab drivers but is heading down the old Airport Drive actually quicker to get to domestic? It looks like the long way around on the map, don't really notice it when driving.

The Caltex on KS Drv is a vacant lot at present!

And don't forget there's an independent servo seconds away from ADL, next to Ikea - the best free airport parking you could ask for :)

You can park for free at Ikea? :!: What time frame are we talking, 4 days.

Everyone seems to have answered the servo question. Just wanted to mention that my grandma's house was just behind the BP near Cooksley St. Just trying to remember the name if the guy who owned it. Roy maybe.

I thought there was also a place near racecourse road

The Caltex on KS Drv is a vacant lot at present!

The one on the corner of Theodore St? I only used it a couple months ago though. :shock:

You can park for free at Ikea? :!: What time frame are we talking, 4 days.

People no doubt have got lost at Ikea for nearly that long.

It's an interesting question actually. Definitely long enough to make good use of anytime access. Pity there's no ADL J lounge - doesn't QF know they're competing against meatballs and hot dogs at Ikea? Bonus points to any WP's doing that who take the public bus across the road from Ikea 1 stop up to the terminal to save walking a few hundred metres :cool:

As for BNE, I struggled to find the Coles Express initially after those changes.
If you blink you can miss it. I have missed it a number of times and had to do a u-turn.

These days if I have the car in Spring Hill and take it back to the airport I will fill up at Fortitude Valley or near Breakfast Creek and just put a little extra fuel after the first click when refuelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back