Why is it so difficut to claim missing miles?

MH_fan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Just needed to vent my frustration with the KF contact centre and wondering whether anyone else has faced similar issues...

Recently took some Air India flights in paid business class from MXP to DEL and then DEL to SYD. My KF number was in the booking and on the boarding passes. 3 days after the flights, I get a message from KF telling me that the miles couldn't be credited because there was a discrepancy between the names on my ticket and my KF account. The only difference being that my ticket has my middle names on it and that is not in my KF account. That's reasonable, so I use their portal to claim the missing miles. A few days later, I get another message, saying that the claim is declined because the flights have already been credited somewhere else! What?? How???! I reply back saying that's impossible because my KF number was on the booking and on my boarding passes. They reply back a few days later asking if I have any other frequent flyer numbers. I tell them there isn't any other FF number associated with this booking! They then ask for more details, a couple of days later, about the flights and ask that I provide the PNR and the e-ticket numbers (again)! I do that. They then reply back saying they need more information to check that my ticket and class of travel is eligible to earn miles and to provide a copy of the boarding passes in order to check that. Seriously?! I've already given them everything they need! Besides, all paid business class tickets on Air India are eligible to earn, so I don't understand what they're going on about. Anyway, I've done that and am now awaiting their response to that.

Crikey!! It's like they're trying so hard not to credit the miles and hoping that every step or request they ask for will result in me falling down and not being able to provide them with what they want so they have reason not to credit those miles! It's really starting to annoy me now and I have made that very clear in my last communication with them.

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Have you seen the threads and newspaper articles about dodgy staff changing the FF numbers on high value bookings and diverting points to accounts they control.
But... For this to actually work don't the pax name and FF account need to be a match? Can't have Mr Smith flying a ticket with FF account named Mr Adams for example.

But... For this to actually work don't the pax name and FF account need to be a match? Can't have Mr Smith flying a ticket with FF account named Mr Adams for example.
No - just PNR and Surname ...

(The crooks create a dodgy FF account with the same surname.)

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back