Qantas/Citi Card Blocked After Transaction

erousen

Has anyone had any issues with their Qantas credit card being blocked randomly and then trying with extreme difficulty to get it unblocked on a weekend?

Bought stuff yesterday, no issues – got an email saying 'you just used your card at Total Tools for $824, if this wasn't you then please call' – this was me so I ignored it.

Went to Bunnings this morning and declined and apparently a block has been put on the account since yesterday, no explanation as to why but I can only presume they think it wasn't me and now because it's the weekend nobody can help apparently and I have to wait till Monday.

Ah Citibank. Yes, they are a massive hassle. Not this exact card but enough experience with them that I know the issue.
Will get fixed but is always a hassle.

Went to Bunnings this morning and declined and apparently a block has been put on the account since yesterday, no explanation as to why but I can only presume they think it wasn't me and now because it's the weekend nobody can help apparently and I have to wait till Monday.
Was this resolved?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back