Accor Plus Membership Discussion

A data point…I recently used my free night voucher and spent $0 at the hotel. The stay has credited to my account along with 64 status and 64 reward points. I also scanned the code on the Peloton bike in the gym and picked up 100 reward points.

I called Accor + to see if I could  renew my A+ and take up 30% off offer.

Answer was no, but if I used a different email address it would be okay.
My account number would remain the same.
Nothing in the App to reflect 2025 expiry.
She processed it over the phone but no email confirmation yet - should I be concerned?
Further update:
Amex $279 now pending and Accor has sent receipt.
Emails received this morning confirming membership and account activation instructions - so looks like I was concerned for no reason.
Took 48 hours to come through.

They're keen beans today! 3 calls just today alone, had been flagged as spam for the first 2 so i unblocked them to see what they would say. Just the standard 30% offer though.

Can someone please help clarify something for me.

I have only 2 status nights and nowhere near enough points to retain gold for next year.
However if I join ALL Plus, will my gold status be extended until the renewal date next year? Or was this a covid only type extension?

I hope this makes sense, have a bunch of stays in Jan/Feb next year I'd like to be gold for but can't see myself staying another 8 (+20 from ALL Plus) nights this year.

Can someone please help clarify something for me.

I have only 2 status nights and nowhere near enough points to retain gold for next year.
However if I join ALL Plus, will my gold status be extended until the renewal date next year? Or was this a covid only type extension?

I hope this makes sense, have a bunch of stays in Jan/Feb next year I'd like to be gold for but can't see myself staying another 8 (+20 from ALL Plus) nights this year.
If you are Gold now and join Accor Plus now then yes you will remain Gold for another 12 months.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

It's worth noting that due to the way status is evaluated with Accor Plus there are advantages in having a late in the year membership year.
If my Ibis Biz does its trick one last time (extend Gold until Dec 25), I’ll let that purge itself from the system and sign up to A+ around Dec 2025! 😉

It's worth noting that due to the way status is evaluated with Accor Plus there are advantages in having a late in the year membership year.
Yep i had seen that mentioned a few times, which should generally be what happens, though hoping for another discount this year still...

My Qantas fast track will kick in after my trip in 3 weeks, putting me at 52 nights, then just a matter of signing up to A+ after sometime to reach Plat! Buying A+ again the next year to extend that certainly makes it more interesting, Although ALL Plus Voyageur discounts look tempting too.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back