Virgin
Silver
Oneworld
Emerald
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
I'm sure there must be a thread somewhere regarding this but a quick perusal did not reveal such a thread. I'm an Accor+Platinum looking to use up some of the Qantas hotel vouchers I have from Points Club and am wondering if Accor properties booked through Qantas Hotels would count towards elite night stays and whether I would receive my Platinum benefits on such a stay? I suspect the experience here might be mixed and depend on channel booked. For instance, when staying at Accor properties booked through my employer's travel agency (CTM), there was no issues linking the stay to my Accor account and receiving ALL benefits and status nights.

-RooFlyer88

Generally, a stay booked through Qantas Hotels would not qualify for nights/points. CTM is probably regarded as a traditional agency.

Eligible stays include are those made through
  1. Accor distribution channels (Websites, Accor booking office, hotels) and
  2. traditional travel agencies connected automatically to the Accor booking office.
Ineligible stays are those made through a
  1. reseller,
  2. tour operator or
  3. third-party online travel agency (such as Expedia.com, booking.com, etc.)

As for other benefits, some hotels give them, some don't.
Post automatically merged:

Generally, a stay booked through Qantas Hotels would not qualify for nights/points. CTM is probably regarded as a traditional agency.

Eligible stays include are those made through
  1. Accor distribution channels (Websites, Accor booking office, hotels) and
  2. traditional travel agencies connected automatically to the Accor booking office.
Ineligible stays are those made through a
  1. reseller,
  2. tour operator or
  3. third-party online travel agency (such as Expedia.com, booking.com, etc.)

As for other benefits, some hotels give them, some don't.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

For instance, when staying at Accor properties booked through my employer's travel agency (CTM), there was no issues linking the stay to my Accor account and receiving ALL benefits and status nights.

Page 3 explains why your CTM booking was eligible and Qantas Hotels is not.

Eligible Stay: Stay booked at a participating hotel at eligible rates (as defined in Article 7.1 ‘Rates Eligible to Earn Points’) via Accor distribution channels (Websites, Accor booking office, hotels) and traditional travel agencies connected automatically to the Accor booking office. Stays booked through a reseller, tour operator or third-party online travel agency (such as Expedia.com, booking.com, etc.) are not considered Eligible Stays and do not earn Points or Eligible Nights towards a Status level.

Page 15 explains why you would not be entitled to any status benefits on a Qantas Hotels stay.

9.1 Programme benefits and services relevant to all Members
Only the cardholder Member is entitled to the benefits associated with the membership card. These benefits are offered only for Eligible Stays, with the exception of Day Use bookings as defined herein.

Most hotel programs work this way but it must be confusing for peeps who see the close tie with QF and Accor and therefore book via QF Hotels.

No big deal as a once off but not a good idea if seeking status will ALL (or worse, have status).

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back