AFF Review: KLM Boeing 777-300ER Business Class (AMS-PBM)

KLM Boeing 777-300ER Business Class Review is an article written by the AFF editorial team:

You can leave a comment or discuss this topic below.
Great article @Mattg

We flew KLM 777-200 HKG-AMS-HKG and although the older aircraft, really enjoyed all aspects of the flight and the crew on both flights were exceptional.
Wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.

Wow, what a great flight! What was availability like on QFF? Did you have to plan/plot a long time ahead?

How did you get out of Suriname? Or is that another article?

I desperately tried to get on KLM revenue from AMS to the Caribbean but just couldn't make it work .

Wow, what a great flight! What was availability like on QFF? Did you have to plan/plot a long time ahead?

I booked about four months out. There was a choice of a few dates across the month with Business availability via Qantas Frequent Flyer on the AMS-PBM route.

How did you get out of Suriname? Or is that another article?

I desperately tried to get on KLM revenue from AMS to the Caribbean but just couldn't make it work .

I flew out on Copa Airlines. There'll be another review coming soon about that flight. :)

Ugh. Have been trying to get pricing and availability for return flights next June.

Website kept erroring: "We're having trouble finding flight options that match your search. (#7190)" - I checked the dates, the route is flying those days.

Called; got overseas as a Plat (of course). After a LOT of faffing about, the agent came up with $851 taxes, then after a lot more tapping etc plus 75K points one way for the outbound, but "no seats on the return". Was that because there were no Award seats available, or no flight? "No flight". I knew that it was scheduled (its for sale on KLM website), but asked for the next day - yes, available.

So the 'taxes' almost doubled over what you paid, @Mattg . I tried to call back to check, but the line was unintelligible (interference) both times.

But now I've just checked the schedule again, and the revenue fares.

In business, PBM-AMS is $4K-$5.5K on the days I want to fly in late June, down to A$1654 for the last few days of June and A$648 in early July!! All B777-300, operated by KLM. Must be a website glitch. But very tempted to book revenue, right now!!

Ugh. Have been trying to get pricing and availability for return flights next June.

Website kept erroring: "We're having trouble finding flight options that match your search. (#7190)" - I checked the dates, the route is flying those days.

Called; got overseas as a Plat (of course). After a LOT of faffing about, the agent came up with $851 taxes, then after a lot more tapping etc plus 75K points one way for the outbound, but "no seats on the return". Was that because there were no Award seats available, or no flight? "No flight". I knew that it was scheduled (its for sale on KLM website), but asked for the next day - yes, available.

So the 'taxes' almost doubled over what you paid, @Mattg . I tried to call back to check, but the line was unintelligible (interference) both times.

But now I've just checked the schedule again, and the revenue fares.

In business, PBM-AMS is $4K-$5.5K on the days I want to fly in late June, down to A$1654 for the last few days of June and A$648 in early July!! All B777-300, operated by KLM. Must be a website glitch. But very tempted to book revenue, right now!!

I was able to book online from AMS to PBM. Not possible to book online if you're starting the ticket in Suriname though, unfortunately.

The taxes you were quoted by the offshore agent sound incorrect. Might be worth trying to keep calling until you get Hobart or Auckland :(

Has anyone recently done the short KLM tag on flight from Bali to Singapore or vice versa?

We’re doing it over Xmas this year, was a very competitive business class fare. I’m just wondering how “complete” this experience will be on such a rather short flight. Surely we will be able to test out those new seats but else- food/drinks and are they hanging out those adorable cute ceramic houses or is this only on longer flights? If anyone knows, please post- thank you!

Gday @Berlin,
I flew KLM DPS-SIN in J in Dec22. (even had to get a whY connecting flight CGK-DPS with GA to try it out…)

Lounge in DPS was mediocre.

IMG_1314.jpeg

Even with the late hour of departure there was a full meal served and then during descent I was given a Delft Blue house. The guy seated beside me was continuing on to AMS so he didn’t get his on that leg.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back