Amex Promotion - 3.5 points per dollar spent until 31 Jan 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

one9

Qantas
Silver Club
Virgin
Red
Just received a postcard in the mail today from Amex.

The promotion is 2 extra points for every dollar spent from registration date to 31 January 2010.

Not a bad promotion.

If you didn't get the postcard, try going to www.americanexpress.com.au/plus2bonus

Try to log in but as is now the case Amex are targeting very small groups of people for promos and I was denied.:(

oh well, such is life.

ejb

I tried to register and got:
We apologise, this Bonus offer has now ended. Keep an eye out for our forthcoming promotional bonuses and remember, you can register for the bonus as soon as you get our notification, there is no need to wait until the bonus starts. That way, you will automatically earn bonus points as soon as the promotion starts!

Oh well indeed.

I'm eligible for one of my cards ...

Thank you. You are now registered for the promotion listed below

From now until 31 Jan 2010, you will earn an additional 2 Membership Rewards Bonus Points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases on the American Express Card you have been invited to enrol into this promotion.

Oh well, at least Amex is smart enough to lock down to the people who are eligible to register ....

Oh well, at least Amex is smart enough to lock down to the people who are eligible to register ....

And probably the big reason for me is that my card usage has dropped substantially !

Still not sure which of my 2 cards is registered... Need to do some test purchases.

No luck here either, but thanks for the tip, mine is platinum CREDIT card... extra points would be v handy!

It's either my Plat Amex Credit card, or Gold Amex Credit card which has been targetted. Will know more in a few days.

Now the real question for me is: Are the extra Amex points worth the 3.5% credit card conversion fee???

I got the postcard today as well, it seems to be for the Platinum Credit Card.

When I go to the URL, it asks me to login, and I do, then it just shows me the latest MR transactions :(

my amex-cba has 3 points per dollar anyway so I'm not unhappy.

Appears I'm not one of the chosen ones.

Interesting how when I enter various promotion codes just for fun eg. Alanslegal, AFF, frequentflyer. I get the response "We apologise, this Bonus offer has now ended. etc" LOL

Never realised my handle once had an Amex Bonus offer :oops:

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread.....

"We apologise, this Bonus offer has now ended. Keep an eye out for our forthcoming promotional bonuses and remember, you can register for the bonus as soon as you get our notification, there is no need to wait until the bonus starts. That way, you will automatically earn bonus points as soon as the promotion starts!"

:evil:

At least they gave me a credit increase this week, given that I haven't used the Plat CC for about 4 months and it has a zero balance :shock::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back