Article: Qantas Auckland Lounge Upgrade: The End of an Era

Hi Rangalad I think you may have been misinformed, I have been in that Lounge at the weekend and quite a few other times over the last month. The missing door is due to it being broken and QF not wanting to pay to repair it. On Sunday all Golds etc were being directed into the club and WP and above were being directed to the F Cupboard.

That's good to know.
The door situation makes sense.

Perhaps it was a one off today as the lounge was very busy.
The usual flights plus a delayed CX departure.

This lounge redevelopment reminds me of the train to MEL. It's promised endlessly, it's on, then it's off, then there's issues with the airport, then it's funding, then it's approved, then it is pulled...

I still think AKL may happen first. Maybe :)

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

In the Auckland F cupboard. Reno's now not due to commence till atleast January 2025. There is also only cookie's amd cream in the freezer.
One of my favourites, and the same as in WLG international lounge! Good to see The F lounge still active. Visiting in a couple of weeks.

Qantas likes to fight airports. What more needs to be said?

Air NZ has been leading the charge against the fight with AKL (obviously more at stake)

Both are the main members of A4ANZ which lobby for cases like these.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back