Booking business class flights

ellen10

Established Member
I need to book some business class flights form Sydney to Lisbon or Oporto in late August 2025. I need to be in Oporto by 29 August.

Return flights will most likely be from Rome to Sydney. But that will probably be around the 1st week in October. These dates don't seem to be available yet.

Last year we booked reward flights starting from Singapore ( not enough points for reward flights next year). So will need to pay. We purchased economy flights to Singapore and stayed one night either side of the reward flights to ensure no delays. So not sure this is worth it or to keep a look out for sale business flights to and from Sydney.

I don't want to use Chinese carriers as the language barrier on the flight almost caused an anaphylatic episode. So I am gun shy.

I have always booked my own flights, but am wondering if a TA is worthwhile investigating. Some airlines have advertised business sales but most finish before our return flights. Can I set up alerts on websites?

Sorry can’t answer the quesion, but a minor side-comment … don’t make the mistake I nearly made and discount China Airlines due to the name, they’re Taiwanese so don’t have quite the same “disdain” based approach to customer interactions as all the Chinese Communist Party airlines.

In my limited experience you’re a little early for August sales, and I will be watching responses to your questions to see what alerts or TA’s or whatever you can use (the two times I got good sale fares were total flukes).

Thanks @Forg for your reply. Its more about the language understanding and barrier regarding food allergies and their additives in the food. e.g. fish sauce. whilst on the plane.

Yes I can vaguely remember sales but can't recall approximately when they are, or occur. I need to pay a major payment for a cruise by the beginning of November, so trying to piece the holiday jigsaw together.

My wife and I are looking for flights next year to hook up with a cruise we have booked. She mentioned that Qatar have a sale on but I haven't checked to see what's on offer. You might want to have a look @ellen10. There's also a very good TA in the Coffs Harbour area that I'm sure many on AFF know and would recommend, myself included.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

watch premium-flights dot com
Turkish airlines sales come up frequently, if you don't mind starting from Melbourne

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back