Brisbane Premium Lounge Entry

ferntree

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
This morning I discovered serious change in this, due to building renovations.

Instead of a staffed dedicated entrance leading to a dedicated security check it seems we now have a supposedly dedicated lane (marked Premium Lounge entry) in the general security area. This lane was unstaffed and unchecked (at 8:00 am) this morning. Pax were just piling into it, creating an enormous tail back.

Anybody know what's going on?

Last edited:
Part of the newer enhanced changes. claytons priority security clearance.

I received this travel info in advance of a flight booking:

From 1 October 2024, Brisbane Domestic Airport will be undergoing construction to upgrade the check-in and security screening areas.

Virgin Australia security screening will be temporarily moved to the Valet area located next to the Virgin Australia Premium Entry (south-side of the Terminal).

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I received this travel info in advance of a flight booking:

From 1 October 2024, Brisbane Domestic Airport will be undergoing construction to upgrade the check-in and security screening areas.

Virgin Australia security screening will be temporarily moved to the Valet area located next to the Virgin Australia Premium Entry (south-side of the Terminal).

Thanks for the info.

I understand the need for temporary arrangements during construction work, my issue is with the fact that the so-called premium entry lane isn't being policed and is thus almost meaningless.

I used this on Monday. Was confused at first with the lack of staff etc but got through really quickly.
The BNE lounge on the other hand was an absolute zoo and the place was filthy. Not the staff fault who were trying their best, just seems to be way over capacity.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back