Checked baggage through on separate bookings

Looking to check if it’s possible to through check luggage for the following scenario please and if anyone has had any experience lately?

pnr#1 revenue booking on QF
MEL/SIN return

Connecting time is approximately about 2.:5-3 hours. either way if flights are on time.

pnr#2 award booking using QF points
SIN/KUL return

I read that QF will allow check through iif one leg is an awards booking on a oneworld airline?

But on the return journey does MH also allow check through to MEL?

Thanks. Hoping I’ve not made a stuff up.
So tried to tag the bags straight to KL on the leg from MEL/SIN but not possible for some technical reason and the booking while seen on screen cannot be added to the QF itinerary despite best efforts of agent including manual search and add in option as it picks up a different person!!!

No idea and they could not solve issue so hopefully I can get it routed at transfer desk when I land in transit.

Only thing was I did online checkin for both legs which might have triggered issue.

Anyone experienced this anomaly?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

So tried to tag the bags straight to KL on the leg from MEL/SIN but not possible for some technical reason and the booking while seen on screen cannot be added to the QF itinerary despite best efforts of agent including manual search and add in option as it picks up a different person!!!

No idea and they could not solve issue so hopefully I can get it routed at transfer desk when I land in transit.

Only thing was I did online checkin for both legs which might have triggered issue.

Anyone experienced this anomaly?
Pure incompetence sorry, and would send in feedback to QF. Would not be a technical reason at all, they just didn't know what to do nor how to do it.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back