China Airlines business class?

I have to say, if their website isn’t lying then they’ve very much upped their inflight meal game since 2018!

Yeah, I flew SYD-TPE-NRT vv in J in 2022 and thought their catering was excellent, multiple courses of elegant, tasty food. Also the Kavalan whiskey was very very nice.

Looks like they have downgraded their champagne from Piper Heidsieck Vintage 2012/14 to Didier Chopin. Has anyone flown lately to confirm?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

We were on them in May this year and the food Singapore to Taiwan and return was good. I didn't drink any champagne and the photo I took of the menu simply says "Wine Selection".

I did a TR including these flights but it was far from brief.

Has anyone flow CI in J lately and can share what was on the wine list?

got a flight coming up in October

A friend just flew on CI from MEL to TPE in J on 4 Oct 2024 and below is the wine list and menu

A HUGE upgrade from Champagne Charles Ellner Carte Blanche and back in line with the previous Piper Heidsieck Vintage that was being poured in 2023

c3.jpgc6.jpgc5.jpgc4.jpgc7.jpg

A friend just flew on CI from MEL to TPE in J on 4 Oct 2024 and below is the wine list and menu

A HUGE upgrade from Champagne Charles Ellner Carte Blanche and back in line with the previous Piper Heidsieck Vintage that was being poured in 2023
Aw jeez, that's about a millionty times more interesting than J Sydney <==> London in 2018!!! They pretty much had "a red", "a white", " a bubbly" and a Johnny Walker blended Scotch - and that was about it.

Those wines & boozes are probably not as fancy as the Emirates F from 2016, but in terms of being interesting to me (and a desire to try) it's not far short! :)

Thanks for that!!

Aw jeez, that's about a millionty times more interesting than J Sydney <==> London in 2018!!! They pretty much had "a red", "a white", " a bubbly" and a Johnny Walker blended Scotch - and that was about it.

Those wines & boozes are probably not as fancy as the Emirates F from 2016, but in terms of being interesting to me (and a desire to try) it's not far short! :)

Thanks for that!!
Now I'm intrigued on what was on board that 2016 Emirates flight?

As for the CI flight, the champagne is probably the best I have seen floating around in J and the red is the same as what's being offered in EK J just different vintages

c2.jpgc1.jpg

Sorry @tmdl I don't recall. I'm not a bubbly person, I mean I'll happily drink it but it doesn't excite me ... however I do remember my wife enthusing about how much she enjoyed it & how exxy it was. Being more a Reds person, the Chianti there looks like it's a ~$60 bottle and the stuff they had on our EK flight was sorta the ~$150/bottle 8 years ago ... but if you told me their wines were chosen based on price more than flavour I'd believe you, I've been buying $15/bottle stuff for work Friday drinks which I enjoy more than the stuff EK had.

Back to CI, definitely no coughtails on our 2018 flight! :)

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back