Citibank Select - Bonus 80k points

Status
Not open for further replies.

unggg

Citibank Signature - Bonus 80k points

Hi,

Has anyone got further details or had any experience on this Citibank Signature card offering 80k bonus points after first spend with annual fee of $395 and additional $49 for opting in to Qantas Rewards?

- Are you allowed to hold an existing Citibank credit card (e.g. Citibusiness gold)?
- Are the 80k bonus points transferrable to QFF rewards (i.e. do you need to opt into Qantas Rewards on activation before your first spend)
- Has anyone had a bad or lengthy experience in chasing up the bonus 80k points?

Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Signature | Credit Cards - Citibank Australia

Cheers

[can an op please rename the title to Citibank Signature?]

Last edited:
Opt in to QF before spending a cent. You have to pay $49 for QF linking.
Citi mess up most account set ups so don't get anxious as this is normal for them. Multiple calls to their help line may get you different answers....again this is normal for them.
If you are needing uncapped points this is the product to use. Mine transfer to Kris at 1.33 real points per dollar spend and Mrscove gets 1 real QF point per dollar spend. It is your choice.

The card's a bit confusing.
it's 1.5 reward points per $ spend.
but then it says it's 1 QF point per $ spend.

and as far as i know, it does not allow you to transfer reward points to QF point (like citigold business)

you're better off getting the citigold business if you're actually going to be using the card.

If you are needing uncapped points this is the product to use. Mine transfer to Kris at 1.33 real points per dollar spend and Mrscove gets 1 real QF point per dollar spend. It is your choice.
Cove don't you have Citibank Select? This is Citibank Signature - I believe they are 2 different cards.

Select earns 2pts / $1 spend so therefore transfer to KF at 1.5:1 = 1.33 KFpt/$1 spend

Signature earns 1.5pts / $1 spend so therefore transfer to KF at 1.5:1 = 1 KFpt/$1 spend - I think

Both cards require min income $120,000 - I think

Re: Citibank Signature - Bonus 80k points

I apologize as I may have contributed to the confusion with an incorrect heading - hopefully it should read Citibank Signature now.

I rang up to enquire. Existing Citibank credit card holders can apply as long as they currently don't hold the Signature card.

I also enquired about the points conversion to QFF. As it reads on the website, it is quite confusing. Either 1 Rewards point = 1 QFF point (essentially $1 spent equals 1.5 QFF points) or $1 spent equals 1 QFF point. The CSR was adamant that it was the former though I remain skeptical given Citibank's history for customer service.

The original poster called the title "Citi Bank Select" and then realised the error that it should have been "Citibank Signature" and has asked if the title could be edited by a Moderator.

I noticed that cove may have answered with Select in mind.

I am looking at changing cards and do agree with the confusion.

The way I read the T&G of Signature Card is that the card earns 1.5 Reward points per $1 spend and if the option to use QFF is taken, the points then sweep directly to Qantas.
BUT
the big question is do they point sweep 1 reward point = 1 QFF point OR $1 spend = 1 QFF point.

80K points is huge for the annual fee.

Great way to dis-engage customers who have displayed long term loyalty.

Might be worth cancelling my Select card and signing up purely for the bonus.

Other than the bonus, its not really useful is it... given the ratio and the annual fee. Any way of reducing annual fee for subsequent years? otherwise this is prob one of those that you keep for a year only....

I think when I applied you had to have a tax assessment proving a taxable income of $120,000 and I think that hasn't changed.
The promos and offers change from what I have seen and I think the annual card cost is not negotiable but of course if you never try for a reduction you would never know.

This was looking like a good offer, but I'll have to wait to churn my CitiBusiness Gold card first. A few points to note:

You will earn 80,000 bonus reward points on first spend of your Signature card. With the Citibank Rewards program, you will earn 1.5 reward points per $1 spent for domestic purchases and 4 points per $1 spent for international purchases and an additional 3 reward points for every $1 spent at Citi Bonus Partners. All Rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program.

So the signon bonus looks tempting, and the earn rate looks hopeful, until...

There are 2 rewards programs available. Unless you choose the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program, you will automatically be enrolled in the Citibank Rewards Programs. The annual Citibank Qantas Rewards fee is $49. The Citibank Qantas Rewards Program is subject to the terms and conditions of that program.

So seperate T&C, which are then listed on the Rewards tab as 1:1 earn :(
Current Citibank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for this introductory offer.

So would have to cancel my current product and then reapply. Citibank can be funny with their consideration of 'current' customers - they will keep your credit limit available for 3 months after you cancel a product, so they can sometime make you wait that long before you get another card as they still consider you a 'current' customer.

I received a free upgrade offer to Signature for fee-free for life, after having gold and Platinum on same deal. I talked to Citibank about upgrading to Select, the $700 fee they would not budge on, but they were happy to give me the 80k points that they would have if I had completed a full application rather than upgrade.

I haven't decided which way to go yet, the Select card offers me pretty much the same as my Platinum Amex Credit Card which is free, no limit on points earned (but no limit on Signature either) and wider acceptance being the only differences. I'm tempted to take the Select and cancel the Amex which would simplify things to no end but would likely keep the Amex while its free due to the free flight/hotel stay, and as a backup. The occassional offers from Amex are worthwhile too.

Has anyone else gone down this path when considering Select, and if so what was the conclusion?

wow you have a very nice deal. wish i could get that!

I have CBG and yesterday deposited 100K into Ciiti Online Saver - by 10am this morning nobody from Citi had called me to offer me CitiGold and therefore my Select or Signature Card.

So I called them - DYKWIA? Ah sorry ..........no! Damn - can you get relevant person to please call me back.

Will keep you informed how progress to Select pans out with plenty assets but little income.

80K free reward points = 53,333 KF points does it not? = 70% of return J saver MEL-CAN or 50% return J saver MEL-PEK / PVG - gotta love that.

I have CBG and yesterday deposited 100K into Ciiti Online Saver - by 10am this morning nobody from Citi had called me to offer me CitiGold and therefore my Select or Signature Card.

How does this work is it assessed each year when the fee becomes due? Or just a matter of having $100k in the account at the time of application? I'd be happy to put some that kind of money in there to qualify for the free card if I can move it straight back out again.

How does this work is it assessed each year when the fee becomes due? Or just a matter of having $100k in the account at the time of application? I'd be happy to put some that kind of money in there to qualify for the free card if I can move it straight back out again.
To be honest I have no idea how it works - but I am about to find out.

And YES me also - as soon as I get the card I want funds will be withdrawn - I am actually not concerned about paying the annual fee - it's the highest KF pt earning card that I want => Selct.

Doesn't it give you the ****s when card companies don't update their site, still showing as 80K bonus all over but when you get to the fine print says this ended 31 Dec 2011. I want to get the Select but have to wait for midmonth as am waitoing for some bonus points so can transfer and also it's only 9 months at that stage since I got the Platinum. Am hoping they will extend the promo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back