Double Status Credits Virgin Australia Activate by 10th Feb 2023. and Travel by 31st March 2023

I see there are a number of trips one could book to re-qualify for Gold flying in discounted BusinessFirst class. Consider, for instance, flying BusinessFirst from Sydney to Launceston, connecting in Melbourne in both directions for ~$800:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 20.01.11.png

Now granted, you won't have access to the world renowned QF Club at LST but would have access to the lounges at SYD and MEL if that is any consolation!

-RooFlyer88

Yup, Jayne needs some cash.

Forward bookings must be soft.

Good for me, I can just scrape my way to gold again for peanuts (no incentive to get to VA2 platinum anymore, no point).
Why no incentive for Platinum? Free WiFi internet where available, free Econ X for you and up to 3 travelling with you, Guest 3 with you into the lounge, and extra Velocity Points.

Last edited:
The article mentioned a few examples ex SYD with 110 SC earnt (at about $2.7/SC). Are there any good deals on longer routes / routings which would yield more SC's in one go?

ADL-MEL-DPS return will get you 780SC’s for about $2400 which isn’t fantastic but not too bad
LST-MEL-ADL-DPS will give you 880SC’s for around $2700

Last edited:
Does anyone know if its linked to pnr or ticket number?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Caught out again! Some habits die hard, especially using old United fare class products when you've had plenty of BISness on them! 😂
My trip.
MEL-OOL-SYD-MEL, $758 for 380 SC ($1.99/SC).

80 SC + 55 SC + 55 SC = 190 x 2 = 380 SC.
Ooh sub $2 per status credit! Is that taking into account the 10% off coupon Virgin currently has? Also would be curious if there are some simple same-day turns that could allow status to be had cheaply.

Caught out again! Some habits die hard, especially using old United fare class products when you've had plenty of BISness on them! 😂

Ooh sub $2 per status credit! Is that taking into account the 10% off coupon Virgin currently has? Also would be curious if there are some simple same-day turns that could allow status to be had cheaply.
yes using promo code.

I've checked thoroughly & yeah was plenty same day return trips on my route.

very nice booking time when DSC offer & discount code.
same as when QF have DSC offers & use work discount code/number, alas I don't collect QF SC's.

My renewal date is Feb and I just requalified in December. So maybe this is a way to get started on a new run with a big bump. Would have to book to fly in March though as still in current status year until the end of Feb I assume.
Did things get reset during Covid? My anniversary was in September before I'm pretty sure. Maybe I'm thinking of QF.

My renewal date is Feb and I just requalified in December. So maybe this is a way to get started on a new run with a big bump. Would have to book to fly in March though as still in current status year until the end of Feb I assume.
Did things get reset during Covid? My anniversary was in September before I'm pretty sure. Maybe I'm thinking of QF.

Not reset, but they had some extensions and offers if you already had status that likely changed dates.

yeah a lot of status holders received the extension & ended up with a date in Feb, I think 28th.

Mine happens to be early Feb.

I agree, good head start for a flight in March, Great look for the books for IPO.

I just flew SYD - BNE - CNS. Status posted immediately for myself and wife. However, double status credits haven't posted for my wife yet. We both sat in J class. Will have to wait 8 weeks to see if it gets posted or not.

I just flew SYD - BNE - CNS. Status posted immediately for myself and wife. However, double status credits haven't posted for my wife yet. We both sat in J class. Will have to wait 8 weeks to see if it gets posted or not.
I'm sure you'll receive them well before the 8 week time frame.

in VA's recent 2022 DSC offer I received them in 1 tranche, no 2nd installment. I haven't flew on DSC offers too often.

I just flew SYD - BNE - CNS. Status posted immediately for myself and wife. However, double status credits haven't posted for my wife yet.
When was it booked?

To be eligible for the Double Status Credits promotion you must
(1) activate this offer via the activation link or via www.velocityfrequentflyer.com within the member dashboard under ‘Activated Offers’ between 12.01am AEST 30 January 2023 and 11.59pm AEST 10 February 2023 inclusive (Promotion Period);
(2) after offer activation, book and ticket an Eligible Flight during the Promotion Period and enter a valid Velocity membership number at the time of booking; and
(3) complete travel on an Eligible Flight.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back