Earning status credits with Qantas Points Club

Update: On flight #3 for the day, which has posted SC. However, flight #1 and #2 havent yet. Quite strange

I suggest we do not disclose too many of these bank errors here openly. A few are well known, not only on the Americas…

I suggest we do not disclose too many of these bank errors here openly. A few are well known, not only on the Americas…

Not sure this is a bank error?

There's no reason a QF X/U class flight shouldn't earn in line with this page, regardless of whether it's booked with points through QF, AS, or another partner.

Not sure this is a bank error?

There's no reason a QF X/U class flight shouldn't earn in line with this page, regardless of whether it's booked with points through QF, AS, or another partner.
I agree on that one - and as I posted years ago, I earned DSCs (!!!) using a CX reward booking WEL - SYD but changing it to my QFF number.

I was referring to the comments that sometimes you earn SCs on non QF metall with a reward booking when you are PC+.

Currently on a status run to use up the last of those 20k AS qantas redemptions booked during the DSC ("not possible anymore with the new award chart")

I havent had the SC for my first flight post yet. Probably panicking too early but they usually post within 30 mins of landing 🤣
False alarm.
All the SCs and DSCs landed but in bizarre order with the first 2 flights arriving the last.

Overall, almost 300 SC for 20k miles :)

Hi all,

I'm hoping to rack up a few status credits before my membership year ends and I have a question.

If I make a reservation with multiple sectors; do the miles travelled as per this table get calculated per sector or the distance between the origin and destination?

I'm hoping it's per sector so I can book a few one-stop flights on rewards to get me there.

Thank you!
Michael

Per sector i believe unless you have situations where the same flight number carries across to the flights. For example QF33, SYD-PER-CDG. I am not sure what happens there

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back