economyx now has zones

samas

Noticed when booking a flight during today's happy hour that there are now zones for economyx
As Platinum all zones are still complimentary.

Pricing below is as was shown for an ADL-SYD flight
Economy X
Zone 1: Row 3 $59
Zone 2: Row 4-5 $57
Exit row: Rows 13-14 $20

Preferred seating
Zone 1: Row 6 $24
Zone 2: Rows 7-8 $15
Zone 3: Rows 10-12 $12
Standard: Rows 15-30 Free

The screenshot shows pricing when not logged in velocity and then further to the right whilst logged in as Platinum.

If you do a longer flight like PER-SYD all types of economyx are $85 and "Preferred" Zone 1 and 2 become $27, with Zone 3 up to $22.

Haven't looked at any other length flights to see how the different zones change by distance. Was amazed SYD-ADL just $20 for exit row.

1728545083200.png

3A every time. Having said that, 1A was crazy cheap Melb to Syd today - booked about 2.5 months ago. Made sense for the Bus credits vs choice. Saved 2.4 flights - in my case.

I think it's windowless no?
Certainly 9A is windowless in the old configuration. Not sure about 9F.

And I assume that the new configs might change things a little? Certainly at the moment I wouldn't be booking 8A, 9A or 10A if you want to be guaranteed a window seat!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back