economyx now has zones

samas

Noticed when booking a flight during today's happy hour that there are now zones for economyx
As Platinum all zones are still complimentary.

Pricing below is as was shown for an ADL-SYD flight
Economy X
Zone 1: Row 3 $59
Zone 2: Row 4-5 $57
Exit row: Rows 13-14 $20

Preferred seating
Zone 1: Row 6 $24
Zone 2: Rows 7-8 $15
Zone 3: Rows 10-12 $12
Standard: Rows 15-30 Free

The screenshot shows pricing when not logged in velocity and then further to the right whilst logged in as Platinum.

If you do a longer flight like PER-SYD all types of economyx are $85 and "Preferred" Zone 1 and 2 become $27, with Zone 3 up to $22.

Haven't looked at any other length flights to see how the different zones change by distance. Was amazed SYD-ADL just $20 for exit row.

1728545083200.png

3A every time. Having said that, 1A was crazy cheap Melb to Syd today - booked about 2.5 months ago. Made sense for the Bus credits vs choice. Saved 2.4 flights - in my case.

Do they offer a discount for windowless Row 9? I think it's windowless no?

I think it's windowless no?
Certainly 9A is windowless in the old configuration. Not sure about 9F.

And I assume that the new configs might change things a little? Certainly at the moment I wouldn't be booking 8A, 9A or 10A if you want to be guaranteed a window seat!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

They've clearly been experimenting with pricing for a while. I've even seen a heavy discount offered on the middle seats of economy X which on some routes have been cheaper then a preferred seat.

They've clearly been experimenting with pricing for a while. I've even seen a heavy discount offered on the middle seats of economy X which on some routes have been cheaper then a preferred seat.
Yeah great..so when you really want a spare middle seat to be there...let's offer it up for a peanut! Way to go VA ., 😃

Yeah great..so when you really want a spare middle seat to be there...let's offer it up for a peanut! Way to go VA ., 😃
It appeared to just be a trial. Pricing of Economy X has been all over the place as they clearly try to find the best price for each route!

From today's marketing email:

1729512755588.png

1729512809189.png

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back