First class QR SYD DOH pax told they cannot enter the Qantas F lounge have to go to AIRNZ

And in SFO, WP travelling in QF J (no F) get sent to the AF canteen (i wouldnt call it a lounge), because CX Marco Polo plays the easy to use capacity card and says "sorry we are full" to WP but lets in WP1 even though OW rules say yes.
Is that recent, I thought they'd solved those issues?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I checked in and was told the air nz lounge was available but as I am F I can use the QF F lounge
Same thing happened to me last year. The agent at the QR F check-in counter in SYD explicitly suggested that I might prefer the QF F lounge over the NZ lounge.
I had booked my QR F flight with Velocity points so it even had my VA FF number on the BP.
Had no problems getting into the QF F lounge whatsoever.

Funny enough when I last flew BA ex-SYD (through to LHR) they told me to use the QF F lounge in both locations, even though that is not their preferred lounge. They didn’t even mention The House and it was only when I asked a follow up question about this they told me about it (and the BA lounge in SIN which of course I knew about).

In my experience airlines do encourage you to use their preferred lounge (likely cheaper for them) so not surprised QR check in told you not to go to QF. That’s why I was surprised BA told me to go to QF.

If you want to send a 'signal' to QR, why not go to all of them.. eg in MEL, on QR J ticket as a QF Platinum, go to Mariana, QF-J, and QF-F?)

If you want to send a 'signal' to QR, why not go to all of them.. eg in MEL, on QR J ticket as a QF Platinum, go to Mariana, QF-J, and QF-F?)
That’s not sending a signal that’s just common sense. If you got the time why not lounge hop? Enjoy the EK lounge before heading over the QFFlounge on your QF Y ticket as a QF Platinum?

-RooFlyer88

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back