Flighty app

I was keen to give Flighty a try following sad news that App in the Air is closing down.
Waisted some time on it only to find out Flighty app is only available on ios and not on Android(?!)
wow! that sends it straight to rubbish bin unfortunately.
Any recommendations for alternatives similar to Flighty and App in the Air please?

I tried also Check my Trip and Tripit and was shocked by low interface design quality and poor recognition of new flights from emails.
iOS user here, so not overly familiar with the offerings on Android. That being said, from what I can see it would seem that TripIt Pro would be one of the "better" alternatives right now. Granted it's nowhere near Flighty in terms of the UX, but I think it somewhat comes down to what you're trying to get out of the app? If it's notifications and alerts etc, then it's reasonably close in functionality to Flighty. I use both apps on iOS and find that the notifications are often in reasonable lockstep with one another.

FWIW, I saw a comprehensive explanation from one of the Flighty team detailing why they aren't looking at Android at this time.

Pretty is as pretty does.

Functionality is where it's at and Trip it works fine for me.

I also use Flightaware, Flight stats and Flight radar24 on day of travel.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back