Going up in Status just prior to membership date....

Lynnelanne

Probably a dumb question but: if I manage to go up to Platinum Status a month prior to my membership date (e.g.,say I reach platinum in March 2025 and my membership dates is April 2025) do I keep Platinum for one month, or one year one month? Thanks in advance.

Probably a dumb question but: if I manage to go up to Platinum Status a month prior to my membership date (e.g.,say I reach platinum in March 2025 and my membership dates is April 2025) do I keep Platinum for one month, or one year one month? Thanks in advance.
Your status is for this year and next year. So in your case you'd obtain it in Mar 25 and keep it until Apr 26.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Of course if you are a fair way off WP this year, it may be far better to plan a bunch of travel from 1 May 25 instead and leverage the DSC to earn platinum as early as possible after your anniversary as that would give you WP until 30 April 27.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back