Is QFi overextending itself?

What difference does it make if QFi overextends themselves? At the end of the day Qantas will have to pick up the plates they dropped and compensate passengers as required by Australian Consumer Law, consumer law of the countries they fly to/from (i.e. APPR in Canada or EU/UK261 in Europe), Australian law (Australia's Montreal Convention) and simple contract law. In other words, if they have to cancel or delay a flight, it's going to cost them dearly. Now whether passengers are aware of their rights is a different matter, but the law is clear here, for international service, Qantas has to commit to its times and schedules.

To the larger point about how Qantas will fix this potential issue, I suspect this is something the sands of time will fix. Specifically, Qantas has a number of wide body jets on order with most of them arriving in the 2026/2027 timeframe with 24 A350s on order and 12 787s on order for a total of 36 wide body aircraft. Whether that is sufficient, I'll leave that up to you to decide, but they are taking some steps here. Certainly the people over at Crikey seem to believe that Qantas does indeed have an aging aircraft issue on their hands.

-RooFlyer88

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back