King Charles flight

I don't recall a thread on AFF when Olivia Rodrigo or Blackpink arrived, this King Charles bloke must be extremely entertaining onstage!

(I guess Prince & Queen were both pretty darned good so it makes sense ...)

Lucky the rain stopped. I think he might have flown Singapore Airlines into Singapore as BA nor Qantas have any morning arrivals and he flew straight through. I did see Camilla was already in Asia adjusting time zones.

It’s actually a Rugby League team.

There’s a difference.

But one thing they have in common is that if you kick at goal and miss, you don’t get a point for missing. 😉
All chase a pigskin ball so to me to the same. Remember the aim of politicians is to spend lots of taxpayers money to keep sport on the front pages.

What a complete waste of Australian taxpayers money.

The royal family is one of the few parts of Australian governance that functions well and delivers exceptional value for money.

The inaugural Royal Homecoming of HM The King of Australia is an exciting moment in the nation's history and we can only hope that King Charles will be able to spend more time with us in Australia in future years. God Save the King of Australia.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

The royal family is one of the few parts of Australian governance that functions well and delivers exceptional value for money.

The inaugural Royal Homecoming of HM The King of Australia is an exciting moment in the nation's history and we can only hope that King Charles will be able to spend more time with us in Australia in future years. God Save the King of Australia.
Particularly after his and the crown’s proven involvement in the sacking of an elected prime minister.

Effectively we’ve outsourced our Head of State function to the UK for a fraction of the price.

It’s fiscally responsible.

Particularly after his and the crown’s proven involvement in the sacking of an elected prime minister.
I expect my understanding and interpretation (from reading) of The Dismissal wouldn't stand up to the experience of people who lived through it.

Though it does seem to have made the GG's office gun-shy since. I am still surprised how little was made of the GG signing off on a politician taking over large parts of the Executive. One of the main purposes of a Head of State is to stand in the way of individual politicians acquiring potentially dictatorial powers (though I'm also sure it wasn't the politician's intention)

I expect my understanding and interpretation (from reading) of The Dismissal wouldn't stand up to the experience of people who lived through it.

Though it does seem to have made the GG's office gun-shy since. I am still surprised how little was made of the GG signing off on a politician taking over large parts of the Executive. One of the main purposes of a Head of State is to stand in the way of individual politicians acquiring potentially dictatorial powers (though I'm also sure it wasn't the politician's intention)

One could argue that the Queen was in tune with her subjects given the subsequent election result 😉

I don't think either of us specified whether league or union. For me, it's because I don't give a damn about either. 😂.
Oh but you did.

Rugby, the original game of the two is Rugby Union.

It’s known as either Rugby, Rugby Union, or Union.

Rugby League on the other hand, is know as League or Rugby League.

Are you an Adelaide support by chance? 😉

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back