Little things I like

Not sure which card to choose? Compare on AFF and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

The rather scruffy guy who stands on a busy Adelaide road in a suburb that does it tough, with a sign that says 'hope you have a nice day'. I always wave as I pass, he isn't looking for anything other than a wave as he stands in a place where cars can't stop. Makes me smile.

LTIL: Finally got solar installed on my house today and now that the system has been commissioned, I'm taking great pleasure in seeing the energy produced swamping the energy consumed, with my reliance on the grid so far having been 0%. It's been a long time coming 😎

Went into Myer in Adelaide today to buy some Coco Chanel for the fabulous mrsandye.
I'm a bit low on shirts so carried on upstairs. I was a bit confused what a "modern fit" was
The assistant who helped was completely fabulous. Apparently "modern fit" is a reflection of the tendency post-covid for people to be a bit wider in the middle to fit into slim or tailored.
Anyway, I was beyond modern even before covid. She directed me to a brand that would suit broad-shouldered ex-rugby players, to which I replied who are also fond of their food. Measured up, shirts found in size, even advised to check fit sitting down
All in all, a great customer experience. I know Myer have been in the financial doldrums but based on today, they don't deserve to be

PS: I did try to leave positive feedback online but the system didn't seem to be able to cope. After I asked to please pass compliment on via her manager, the bot apologised for me having a bad time

Last edited:
When your upgrade request for a family member comes through!
Dad and step-mum upgraded on QF103 tomorrow, Y+ to J. 🩷

They're both thrilled, and this will likely be their last international flight together (they are cruising back from HNL). Dad now has quite bad anxiety over flying, and had a panic attack, or almost did, on the flight back from a fishing trip to Weipa this week.
(I am hoping like heck the Qantas service shines for them).
They were astounded that I'd spent so many points ... only 65k ... I didn't tell them I'll just buy some wine to get the point back. 😉😜

All in all, a great customer experience. I know Myer have been in the financial doldrums but based on today, they don't deserve to be

In a similar vein. I bought a new smart TV the other day. Wi-fi connected OK but apps failed to install/update. Manufacturer (LG) phone and internet useless to help. I had set aside half a day next week to try and fix. Dreading it.

Rang the shop, Harvey Norman :oops: today to ask about something on the invoice. Guy who sold it to me wasn't there, but spoke to another guy. Fixed the invoice, and I 'happened' to then mention about the apps. He was interested and said he'd heard of it once before. Suggested changing the wi-fi network to do the updates - say, phone hot spot. I have a guest wi-fi network at home for the doorbell, so tried that. Worked!!

Called him straight back and told him he had made my day.

Well, after my web chat shenanigans with Energy Australia last Friday - and with exceedingly low expectations - I contacted the “new” connections team about my long-standing pre-existing connection and was pleasantly surprised to discover that

A) I managed to speak to someone super fast on a public holiday, and
B) They were friendly. knowledgeable, efficient, and resolved my issue on the same call.

Credit where it’s due 👏

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back