New Amex statement credits

I dined recently at an AU restaurant that is part of the $200 credit offer. The full cost is showing on my statement. Will it 'fix itself' or do I need to call Amex to get it corrected?
While it can take a while nowadays, the vast majority of my dining credits in Aus don’t post properly, and I suspect my latest hasn’t either. So keep a note to follow up after 30 days.

That's normal. You should get a statement credit within a week or two usually.

While it can take a while nowadays, the vast majority of my dining credits in Aus don’t post properly, and I suspect my latest hasn’t either. So keep a note to follow up after 30 days.
Thank you both. The international one was almost instant. I will keep an eye out.

I purchased some David Jones vouchers but it has come in as David Jones Burnley
looks like I may have to call as there was no advice on no credit for DJS online

I purchased some David Jones vouchers but it has come in as David Jones Burnley
looks like I may have to call as there was no advice on no credit for DJS online
Were these DJ gift cards, online?

Often an online purchase for gift cards processes as a different merchant than standard merchandise, and accordingly doesn't count. But I have no specific experience with this. (I have purchased DJ gift cards in-person for VAEFNO before, and received the credit.)

I have purchased gift cards in the past online and always got the credit but his time saying Burnley so unless Burnley is the online charger

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back