No Virgin Happy Hour…

travelislife

Established Member
So it doesn’t appear there is any Happy Hour this week? Usually Thursdays 4pm-11pm.

Means cheapest Choice Fare MEL-SYD is $140.

This where the demise of REX hurts consumers…as the 2 incumbents can ramp up pricing…

Virgin's "Blue Skies" sale has 4 days to go and there are some pretty impressive fares on that sale -- certainly I'm not noticing a ramping up in pricing at this stage. I'm seeing MEL-OOL (a former Rex route) for $89 Lite and $99 Choice. If I recall correctly that matches and even beats Virgin's prices when Rex was on that route. I'm also seeing MEL-SYD for $85 Lite and $105 Choice: no complaints there either.

Thanks for those. The Thursday weekly was pretty much like clock work. I have seen a week without it this year I don’t think as usually book my flights Thursday night for 2 weeks ahead.

There is definitely no ramping of prices since Rex pulled out of the jet routes.
The current sale is as good as it gets during happy hour, they really can't run happy hour over the top of the current sale prices :)

Yes, pleased to see VA haven’t ramped up their $379 (is it now $389) business class fares on key city pairs. Although to be fair QF has come down in price to $549.

QF probably has the edge given better lounges and OW status.

(long way of saying the demise of Rex doesn’t seem to have negatively impacted fares)

I still can't get V-mails no matter how many times I request it. It stopped during Covid and never came back. No matter how many times I check the box for promotional emails. I've spoken to customer service a couple of times and they said I was on the list to receive the emails, but they don't come. I get all the flight info/booking emails though. They aren't in spam so I don't know why I can't get them.
So I never remember Happy Hour.

I still can't get V-mails no matter how many times I request it. It stopped during Covid and never came back. No matter how many times I check the box for promotional emails. I've spoken to customer service a couple of times and they said I was on the list to receive the emails, but they don't come. I get all the flight info/booking emails though. They aren't in spam so I don't know why I can't get them.
So I never remember Happy Hour.
Have you looked in your blocked email list? Look for [email protected]
If you have accidentally blocked that email you won't see anything in your spam/junk folder.

Given their booking confirmations are sent from a different email, [email protected], this is the only thing that makes sense.

Have you looked in your blocked email list? Look for [email protected]
If you have accidentally blocked that email you won't see anything in your spam/junk folder.

Given their booking confirmations are sent from a different email, [email protected], this is the only thing that makes sense.
Thanks for the tip. I looked it up but found I don't have anyone blocked, which is quite different to my mobile where I've got hundreds of blocked numbers (due to spammers). I'll go back to Velocity again.

Amidst all of these shiny new VFF changes today, Virgin seems to have once again forgotten about their Thursday afternoon Happy Hour sales

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Too busy dealing with waves of anger from the (once) 'customers' they just 'enhanced' the lives of? :(

WAY too dramatic and negative much at one time, and TERRIBLY timed seeing Qantas has been on the back foot for months.

Dumber than dirt with an IPO on the horizon.

Well no Happy Hour today, but even better with the current sale and using code SVX26 choice fares are down to $115 each way on MEL-SYD. Also succumbed to booking 1 business flight for $275, as the economy seats when I wanted to travel were all $200! Flex was $400! So business was a no brainer and the status credits will have me hit my platinum renewal 6 months in to my flying year.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back