Qantas/Australia Post jet stuck at HBA

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Silver
This Qantas/Australia Post freighter has been parked on the active apron of Hobart Airport for weeks, probably more than a month.

IMG_5830.jpeg

Anyone has a guess what might be going on? I mean a freighter parked at the passenger apron and why leave it there for weeks and weeks?

Looking at the tail number in that photo - that aircraft has flown most days over the last month. You're not just seeing a different aircraft scheduled to use that bay each time you're there?
Could be, I guess. But it’s parked at exactly the same bay with no ramps or anything seen attending it and like I said, why would they use a passenger apron for a freighter? Every time? Freighters normally park around the terminal corner at Hobart Airport we are at set up for logistics.

IMG_5831.jpeg

Could be, I guess. But it’s parked at exactly the same bay with no ramps or anything seen attending it and like I said, why would they use a passenger apron for a freighter? Every time? Freighters normally park around the terminal corner at Hobart Airport we are at set up for logistics.

View attachment 411963

The A321P2F is too big to park on the freight apron at HB, it can only park on the passenger apron.

That rego (VH-XF5) has flown multiple times this month including MEL-LST-HBA last night as per flight radar.

The A321P2F is too big to park on the freight apron at HB, it can only park on the passenger apron.

That rego (VH-XF5) has flown multiple times this month including MEL-LST-HBA last night as per flight radar.
When I worked anywhere away from home i would usually retire at about 1am. I stayed in Launceston a lot and so got used to the QF freighter going over most nights.
So @RooFlyer if you stayed in the HBA terminal overnight you could watch it coming and going.

So I guess “stuck” could be removed from the thread title, or a question mark added.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

This Qantas/Australia Post freighter has been parked on the active apron of Hobart Airport for weeks, probably more than a month.

View attachment 411962

Anyone has a guess what might be going on? I mean a freighter parked at the passenger apron and why leave it there for weeks and weeks?
That’s one of our freighters and flys regularly. It would also be different aircraft you are seeing too as they get rotated around.
Definitely not stuck otherwise my life would be a nightmare currently 🤣

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back