Qantas boosts international capacity, wet lease Finnair aircraft

I wonder, when the AY wet lease becomes a dry lease late next year, if the aircraft will keep the AY seats, or if they be changed to the QF seats.
They are [currently] meant to keep the 2 aircraft under the dry lease for 3 years.
Hopefully they keep the AY seats. You get Economy Comfort rows at the front of Y and a rather decent PE. Though, J is awesome for some and a trouble for others.

I wonder, when the AY wet lease becomes a dry lease late next year, if the aircraft will keep the AY seats, or if they be changed to the QF seats.
They are [currently] meant to keep the 2 aircraft under the dry lease for 3 years.
It was reported somewhere (maybe a link upthread) that they’ll get a repaint but retain the interiors.

Having the additional PE will be attractive to many. For SYD-SIN, there’s always the A380 or alternate days with QF81/82 for those who don’t like the AY J seat. Wouldn’t bother me o/n but I’ve not tried it on a “day flight” when I’d probably like to recline with a wine and a movie.

Apologies: I've not read the 24 pages of this thread, so hope I'm not being repetitive.

How often do the Finnair crews (flight and cabin) get to travel back to where they live in Finland? How many return SIN-SYD or BKK-SYD trips do they tend to do on each roster?

Jetstar said after an ABC Investigation a few years ago, it pays its Thai based crew who operate 787 flights, after all allowances, around $700AUD week. The hourly rate is quite low, but allowances really bump up the salary.

That’s about half when comparing to local crews.

I believe Singapore based crew earn more.

Finnair crews would be on similar wages.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back