Qantas Delays/Cancellations

A332 VH-EBG on QF37, the 'second division' 1650 hours Sunday 13 October 2024 MEL_SIN took off at 1841 hours. Gate arrival at 2318 local time, 73 minutes tardy, is the expectation.
Post automatically merged:

Me and my big mouth…

Another delay posted for QF39 now departing at 23.00 and arriving into CGK at an ungodly 01.50 tomorrow morning. :(

Is this due to "engineering" or lack of qualified running staff? I'm assuming it's a different problem from your earlier advice re a First Officer having to travel down from Sydney.

I hope no passengers have an 0930 hours Jakarta time business meeting tomorrow morning. Bleary eyes.

Is this due to "engineering" or lack of qualified running staff?

I hope no passengers have an 0930 hours Jakarta time business meeting tomorrow morning. Bleary eyes.
We have been advised they need to tow the aircraft away from the terminal to do an engine run before the engineers can make an assessment and sign off, although there was an assurance from them that the engineers are fairly confident whatever the original issue was has been fixed.

We have been advised they need to tow the aircraft away from the terminal to do an engine run before the engineers can make an assessment and sign off, although there was an assurance from them that the engineers are fairly confident whatever the original issue was has been fixed.

Credit to QFi staff for informing you and not just giving a 'BS' "answer".

Safety is deservedly #1, but the delay must be quite frustrating, given it comes with a smidgeon of uncertainty.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back